new rod and reel

Discussion in 'Bank Fishing' started by Catfish Levi, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Catfish Levi

Catfish Levi Member

State:
    chillicothe, mo
    Well my new rod and reel came in today i got a 10ft daiwa beef stick m/h 1-6 oz 14-40lb line rating. And the reel i got for it is a okuma avenger abf 90.For a 28 dollar rod it feels really nice hope i can get out next week and try it out!

2. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Good luck wiyh your new setup,sounds nice!:cool2:

3. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Levi i have heard nothing but good things about the beefstick and you will like the avenger. where did you find the 10 foot beefstick? i've looked and can't find one over 7. anyways i think your set up will handle anything in the waters you fish. hope you get some hogs with it.

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Best of Luck, .go get em !!!

5. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    Levi i hope you engoy that rod and reel like i toled you i got 3 of thoes rods i lovem and the price is right on them

6. Catfish Levi

Catfish Levi Member

State:
    chillicothe, mo
    brain i sent you a pm didnt know if i could post it or not. it looks like monday i get to go out and try it i fish below truman dam from what i hear there doing really good hopefully i can get me a new pb with it i think its going to be a really good setup thanks everyone!!

7. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    good deal, as of now, until i get my abu setup i want,i got a basic daiwa setup as my main go to rod for cats. havent let me down yet. good luck monday. be safe and land a hog.

8. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Nice setup, let us know how ya do, good luck.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Levi congrats on the new rod/reel. May it give you many years of good service. Now go catch a new PB.

10. holliswood

holliswood Well-Known Member

State:
    King, NC
    One of my favorite rod/reel combo is Daiwa. Thats mine propped up against the tree in my avatar photo. They make some of the most over looked products out there. Hope you enjoy yours!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  11. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    congrats and tight lines:wink:

12. Catfish Levi

Catfish Levi Member

State:
    chillicothe, mo
    ive been out 3 times with it and havent caught a thing i hope when i do its a big one

13. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    those rods are dink proof its got to be a big one lol

14. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I just got a 11 ft Daiwa beefstick, 1-6 oz, 17-40 lb line. A friend gave me a spinning reel she found in the trash last spring. I messed with it, now the anit-reverse works so I kept it. I just tried it out, put about 6 oz on it and did a practice cast. Wow, I was amazed. I wasn't tryin that hard, but it would sure shoot it out there. I'm wonderin if a minnow would survive that cast. I plan to use it surf fishing and in a shallow lake, got to get it out there to get some depth for the walleyes. Its a nice rod, hope it catches a big one for ya.

15. Catfish Levi

Catfish Levi Member

State:
    chillicothe, mo
    :smile2: i hope so bud

16. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Whack something big with that new pole Levi!:wink:

17. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I love getting a new rod and reel, I just got one for Christmas. Mine is for dinks, that is mostly what I go after in clean Michigan lakes. I can't wait to try it out next Spring and Summer. Dink channels taste good, and on a Medium action rod with light line, still a lot of fun to catch. I catch a mess of some of your 1 to 2 foot long dinks and I'll make up a killer supper. Good luck to you, happy catfishing.

18. Catfish Levi

Catfish Levi Member

State:
    chillicothe, mo
    ya channels are my favorite to catch to, got some nice set ups for them but i recently moved away from the small river that was loaded with them miss that ol river so now im by a big lake with big ol blues hope i can land one and good luck with your new set up bud !

19. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    I know quite a few guys here that use those rods in saltwater on the piers and in the surf.They are bulletproof and land big azz fish.Good luck.