New River Valley recruitment

Discussion in 'LOCAL VIRGINIA TALK' started by CatHunterSteve, Jul 2, 2009.

1. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    I have handed out at least 20 BOC flyers the last few weeks, trying to get people in this area to join up with the BOC. I feel this area has many cat people and the BOC is where they need to be. This area, Upper New River, Claytor Lake and lower New River needs more representation on the BOC!
    I will continue to recruit as I meet "cat people" and try to sway the bassers in this area as well and would like to challange other BOC members from this area to help me on my quest to recruit new members from our area.
    The brothers and sisters of the BOC are great and we need the BOC in the New River Valley!
    Any suggestions on how to get people to join? :embarassed::big_smile::crazy::eek:oooh:

2. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Thanks for spreading the word about the BOC, Steve. :0a31:

Make sure that you tell them your user name so that they can note the referral when they sign up. That way you can quickly earn a coveted medal to add to your Awards Showcase lineup!

3. clatorlakecat

clatorlakecat New Member

State:
    va
    glade we have someone to speak up on this issue thanks i live in the newriver vally i fish craytor lake a lot :big_smile:

4. CatHunterSteve

State:
    Snowville, Va
    Tim welcome to the BOC! Good to have you on board!

5. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Steve,

You are the man, a man of action.

Send me your address to my private mail, I want to send you something out in the mail.

Paul

6. belewslake

belewslake New Member

State:
    northcarolina
    i have a camp on bigreed about 1/4mile up from the new and claytor. where is there a good place to fish for flats on that lake?

7. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    are you fishing out of a boat? if so and it can handle some shallow water, go downstream from reed creek(there is only one small set of rapids before claytor starts. i haven't done a ton of fishing above that, but have caught some big flats and channels all over the lake from the new river trail foot bridge all the way to the dam. look for shallow water(2-15 ft)and use live gills for flats and small live gills or cut shad for channels.
    chip

8. CatHunterSteve

State:
    Snowville, Va
    Matt welcome to the BOC and the New River Valley. I agree with Chip elow the New River Trail footbrisge into Claytor is excellant cat fishing. The area just above the bike trail bridge (old railroad tressle) has some good laydowns in it and will produce for you as well. And the rip-rap along the shore in front of the new boat ramp above the bridge is a good bet for channels and flats.

9. belewslake

belewslake New Member

State:
    northcarolina
    i,m planning on coming up on friday evening and going to try to fish on sat night. if anyone hears any fishing reports let me know. thanks

10. CatHunterSteve

State:
    Snowville, Va
    Sent you a PM hope that helps!

11. belewslake

belewslake New Member

State:
    northcarolina
    i,ll be there on sat. you are talking about across from the old rock house on the water thats half fell in? house is on the left and there is a point across from it with trees in the water. how deep is the water in there? i didnt know if there would be strippers up that far this time of year but thanks for letting me know. you let the live brem sit on the bottom or do you bring it up any? where i camp is up on farries mines on the right. where the big wall is if you know where that is.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009