New Rifle

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by TxRiverman, Sep 23, 2006.

1. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    I recently got a Weatherby Vanguard Sub-Moa in .300 WSM,topped it off with a Bushnell Elite 4200 4x12x40mm scope,and its a shooter!! With 180gr. Federal Fusion my best 3 shot group can be covered with a dime. If your looking for a new rifle i would recommend this one.

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    sounds like a snipers delight , lol kinda takes the work out of hunting . i have a savage arms 7mm synthetic stock drop out clip with 3x9 , need a better scope but cant afford one yet

3. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    You don't see many Weatherbys that don't shoot. Most of the recent ones are made by Howa I think. Some of the older actions are especially fine rifle but I can not afford one of them at the prices I see.
    I have personally found Savage to be making a fine, affordable product lately. Most are ugly as a stump but they SHOOT. I needed a good deer rifle last year when my 12 year old son finally took over the rifle that I built for him over 12 years ago. I picked up a plain Jane .270 Savage 110 LH on Gunbroker and made a few modifications to it. End result is a rifle that I have about $600.00 invested in. I have yet to find a .270 load that will not shoot sub MOA from it.
    http://www.yerfrockethellhound.com/RiddleofSteel2005rifleproject.html

4. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    I bought a Weatherby Vanguard 30/06 in 1973, best shooting rifle I've ever owned, but the 26 inch barrel and fancy stock just didn't fit my type of hunt'n,but I did sell it for more than I gave for it two years later. Weatherby does know how to put one together that will shoot.

5. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    My hunting and fishing partner has got a Savage and it shoots MOA or better with about any thing you feed it. I got my wife a NEF Handi-Rifle in .243 and that little gun shoots too! I orderes my Weatherby and the Bushnell through a local gun dealer and that saved me some money,not much but i would rather give my money to the "little guy" rather than some big chain.

6. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Congrats on the new rifle. I shoot a Savage 110 in 30/06 and it shoots great. I think its hard to find a bad rifle nowadays.

7. carpet1

carpet1 New Member

State:
    Ash Flat,Arkansas
    Congrats thoses 300 are very nice guns I shoot a 30/06 but the next one I buy will be a 300 mag

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    congrats hope you do great with it