New Rest

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by ozzyso44, Jul 15, 2009.

1. ozzyso44

ozzyso44 New Member

State:
    Smithville, Missouri
    Last week had the pro shop install a Trophy Ridge drop away rest. I thought I would miss the whisker bisket, but after pumping about 100 arrows thru this rest I am glad that I made the change.

I am not a pro or will I ever claim to have the best form, but I shoot and shoot often. I think this rest is more forgiving for me and I see my arrows flight better than ever. I am shooting light's out!

Anyone else see their shooting accuracy improve due to a rest? Hopefully I will be as lucky in the woods as I was with the whisker!

Season rapidly approaching!:big_smile:

2. Indysfinest22

Indysfinest22 New Member

State:
    indiana
    I just posted a thread about wanting to make the switch, i use a biscuit now and have been seriously considering the new X-CELERATOR by muzzy for my bear showdown, being a huge fan of muzzy products if i switch it will be this one have u heard nething on these? also how much was ur drop away, And are u more satisfied than with ur biscuit?

3. calogan

calogan New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I don't know much about the X-Celerator, but I did switch from a standard rest to a bisket last year. I messed up a shot at a really nice buck(arrow fell off the rest right at the worst time) and bought myself a whisker bisket that afternoon. All in all it was a good thing, becuase the next weekend I shot a bigger buck, the one on my avatar. I also have an album set up of him.

4. ozzyso44

ozzyso44 New Member

State:
    Smithville, Missouri
    I have not heard of the Muzzy rest, but if made by Muzzy then I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be a quality product. Their boardheads sure do do the trick!

I got my rest from a guy at bass pro that just took it off his bow and replaced if with a Wisker B. He also didn't have a good experience with a fall away rest, so I snagged it for a cool $20! It was 80-90 dollars on the shelf.

I put an arrow holder (nothing more that a rubber clamp like thing) on the front of the shelf to help keep the arrow in place before the draw, but I kept my wisker b just in case...

5. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    Ive used everything except a drop away so I cant help ya there but I swear by my Muzzys and Whisker Biscuit. I lost/spooked many deer with the arrow falling off the rest. I tried the screw on /glue on rubber arms and all and switched to a biscuit 5 years ago and never looked back. Drawing on a deer now is so much simpler. I ground hunt alot and holding a bow and keeping an arrow on the rest for 30 seconds to over a minute or even two aint easy, thats where the Biscuit shines! I even made a semi biscuit thingy for my recurve, I like to stalk hunt with it and the arrow holder problem is magnified with it.

6. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I can honestly say after making the switch to a drop-or-fall way rest, my accuracy has improved dramatically!! For the reason there's no interference of the arrow coming into contact with the rest!! Simple as that!! My thoughts of the Whisker Biscuit is the contact on the arrow during the start of the flight. Knowing there is improvements done to this rest, but I'm not a fan of this rest. Never used one and never will. As long as drop-aways are on the market, they'll be on my bow!! I've used the Trophy Taker rest and now I own the Vapor Trail rest on my Hoyt Katera. Great rest and deadly accurate!!

By the way, I've never seen a Pro Shooter with a Whisker Biscuit on his or her setup!! always drop-aways!!:wink:

7. 1 4 Fishing

1 4 Fishing New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I now have a Trophy Ridge drop a way rest for about 2 years now and it still work good i shot competition with it for a year i love it tighter shot pattern but the only thing i had wrong with it was geting it in tune some times it would drop late so keep a eye on that and make sure that it dose not ride up your line.