Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 32" inch regulation proposed by the CCC on Badin and Lake Norman passed at the March meetings. Thanks for all members and people that helped. Thanks to the biologist that advocated for the change. Also, I would liked to have seen jugs limited to 25, but the orginal # of 100 was lowered to 70 per boat. Not where a lot of us would like to see it, but is an improvement. They also have to be labeled for the 1st time. The catfish world contines to change around the country, and I hope these reg's and ideas will continue to grow and catfishing contines to be looked at more as a gamefish and the true sport that it is.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Congratulations Philip! That is definately a step in the right direction, I think we will have to wait until 09 to get ours to a vote. Thanks for the update and the efforts to portect a great fish. We will get them labled as gamefish someday, but until then it seems like a lot of states are seriously looking at these length limits to protect our big fish.

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
YOU did it.

As the 2008 President of the Carolinas Catfish Club I want to thank all the folks that took the time to support this effort. Many of you took the time to write, call, e-mail, and attend public hearings to show your support. Your voice was heard and change happened because of you.

In a sense this was a small step, but in reality it was a monumental leap in the way the NCWRC views the harvest of catfish. It has been said that a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. We have started our journey.

Again, thank you for all your help.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Great Job Guys,:wink:we all appreciate the time and effort it took to get this rolling and passed.:big_smile:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.