New Reg's Passed

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by price, Mar 9, 2008.

1. price

price New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    The 32" inch regulation proposed by the CCC on Badin and Lake Norman passed at the March meetings. Thanks for all members and people that helped. Thanks to the biologist that advocated for the change. Also, I would liked to have seen jugs limited to 25, but the orginal # of 100 was lowered to 70 per boat. Not where a lot of us would like to see it, but is an improvement. They also have to be labeled for the 1st time. The catfish world contines to change around the country, and I hope these reg's and ideas will continue to grow and catfishing contines to be looked at more as a gamefish and the true sport that it is.

2. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Congratulations Philip! That is definately a step in the right direction, I think we will have to wait until 09 to get ours to a vote. Thanks for the update and the efforts to portect a great fish. We will get them labled as gamefish someday, but until then it seems like a lot of states are seriously looking at these length limits to protect our big fish.

3. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    It is great to see any amount of progress. I wish it were possible to speed things up but there is a lot of work to be done. We will take what we can get. Good work folks. Keep up the good work.

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    YOU did it.

As the 2008 President of the Carolinas Catfish Club I want to thank all the folks that took the time to support this effort. Many of you took the time to write, call, e-mail, and attend public hearings to show your support. Your voice was heard and change happened because of you.

In a sense this was a small step, but in reality it was a monumental leap in the way the NCWRC views the harvest of catfish. It has been said that a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. We have started our journey.

Again, thank you for all your help.

5. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    A special thanks goes out to our Prez., WylieCat for his leadership and to Price for his knowledge of the process and the planning that they both did in this endeavor. Mac

6. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Great Job Guys,:wink:we all appreciate the time and effort it took to get this rolling and passed.:big_smile:

7. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Thanks Phillip and Dieter. I felt you two really pushed hard and were the catalyst for this movement. It worked this time. Appreciate your hard work.