New Regs. for Spoonbills

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Dirtdobber, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    New regs. go in to effect 1-1-10 on spoonbills. You CAN NOT keep spoonbills on Mondays or Fridays. You can catch them, but you have to release ALL.

2. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    what other new laws do we have? did they pass the 30" rule?

3. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan

I guess you wont see me until Sat:sad2::big_smile::crazy:

4. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I thought they passed it but I can't find it in the Regs. Flat heads are still min. 20". Some of the lake have a min. of 12" on blues and channels. I've got a call in to the game warden to check on it.

5. rigrunner(236)

rigrunner(236) New Member

State:
    Ft Cobb Lake, Oklahoma
    The 30" limit did pass. You'll find it on the new changes in the regs. I looked it up on the net, it states the new limit is 15 blues with only one 30" or longer.

6. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yes, it passed.

7. catfishinfordman

catfishinfordman New Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, O
    I dont think there would be a problem with the thirty in rule just lets more people get the chance to catch a big fish like me I think im do for a big blue never caught one to big

:wink:

8. JoshFisher

JoshFisher New Member

State:
    Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
    haha me and you both brad for the last year since i been out here i been goin almost 10 times a month with nothing bigger then the one in my avatar =/

haha they can't hold out forever... speakin of which its almost time to go now lol...

9. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    my self i don`t have a problem with the 30" rule, but for tournament fishing it would have been better if they had said harvest only one 30", tourament release all thats weighted in

10. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i can understand friday a bit, but why would they choose a monday?

11. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho

Other than Saturday and Sunday, those are possibly the two most fished days. They didn't want to kill the weekends angler, so they went to the next two days.

Josh, in response to your question....or statement...."haha me and you both brad for the last year since i been out here i been goin almost 10 times a month with nothing bigger then the one in my avatar " you need to go some place beside Thunderbird. Take some weekend excursions to Kaw Lake, Texhoma, the Arkansas River, Grand Lake. You fish in a minnow bucket, all you will catch are the minnows.

12. fishinphenom

fishinphenom New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    :smile2: I agree 100% ... Although I havent been able to fish all winter..

I havent been out to Thunderbird in a few years. It used to be one of my favorite lakes to fish around the city for crappie and saugeye, but I've never really catfished there.