new reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by mustad1, Apr 7, 2008.

1. mustad1

mustad1 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I got my shipment on Friday from catfish connection. I got 3 reels- all abus- heres my review of them
    -blue cat trophy special- spooled it up with 25# big game and it was totally awesome. I put it on a new medium action big cat rod. I caught several 5 lb cats with it already and it is just an awesome combo. The handle on the reel is one of the ergomically rfiendly ones that is rounded- very nice!!!!!!!might be my new favorite!
    60hc record baitcast- spooled it with 25# as well and pared it up with the meduim action big cat. nice combo as well- casts a mile and reel is extremely smooth. If I was going to be csting a lot this would be my favorite combo.
    7000I Syncro Baitcast- all i can say is BULLDOG TUFF!!!! I have not even put line on this yet but have mounted it up on my heavy action big cat. I am not too sureI should not mount it on the bumper of my truck!!!!! This reel has a huge handle on it that you simply turn backwards if a big flattie decides to make a run, releasing most of the drag. But as he runs and tires, you simply turn the handle forward for full drag and start reeling in again. I think this would be awesome for circle hooks as it would provide more tension than just the clicker for hooksets, but not load the rod so much you cant remove it from the rod holder. I plan to spool it up with some 50# plus line and head for the KAW!
    I had a nice bill of about $400 for these three but the sync reel was on sale and new i get 15 apiece back in rebates from abu, so what the heck!!!! nice reels that will last forever!!!!

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Good for you Bentley.... I hope you catch many fish and have a life time of Great fishing with your new reel's :big_smile:

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Bentley - Thank you for the reel reviews! :big_smile: I may have to look into one of the Bluecats!

4. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I put all my trust in catfishing to Abu Garcia. :wink:

5. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Congrats on your new reels! Sounds like your ready!:big_smile:

6. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks for the reviews that was some interesting stuff

7. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    nice equipment, i'd be ashamed too tell any body the rods & reels i'm using, lol

good luck

8. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Congrats, brother on the reels.

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Abu Garcia is the HEAT!! Ordering my pair of blue cats later this week, or first thing next week!
    BB in SC

10. mustad1

mustad1 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    boy that is a sweet reel......it works even better with a little catfish slime on it!!!!! Everyone should have one...
    So what is with the black cat reels? not sure what everyone is talking about there? I have the red and the blue one now but what is this black one?

11. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Enjoy those new babies and go get a BIG ONE!!!:eek:oooh::wink::smile2:

12. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I think they were talking about black cat RODS.
    BB in SC

13. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Hmmm, I wrote John at Catfish Connection about the rebate on the Blue Cat reel. He said:

"The blue cat is not a C3 or C4, so the $15.00 rebate do not apply. However, the $10.00 rebates do apply. We will send you copies of the rebate. Please make sure that you make a note of it on your order."

BB in SC

14. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    Congrats on the reels.