New Reels for myself

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Swampy, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    I just got 3 more ABU rells today,all are vintage and in great shape. Now I just need about 20 new rods.LOL

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I think I just slobbered on my keyboard....LOL Abu vintage's are sweet.:happ-big:

Oh and yeah, all of us need about 20 more rod's! LOL!;)

3. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    I love those old ABU spinning reels. I Have a few I've restored & thought maybe I'd sale them one day,but that's NEVER gonna happen.LOL So I just keep getting them and packing them away in boxes,I guess I'll give them to my kids one of these days. Like my hat says "ABU Garcia For Life",I have all the reels I need to fish the rest of my life.

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Can I be your kid? LMAO!

My dad used to have an old Abu spinning reel. I love Abu's, only thing is they are a little expensive for catfishing. But I own a few Abu Baitcaster's and they are really nice. I love the way they cast and the drag on them. I got a 7000 not long ago, it's great. I put it on an Ugly Stick Tiger rod. A nice set-up but the rod dosen't balance too great with the reel. I don't know why, but it feel's kind of weird when casting it.:confused:

5. JimF

JimF New Member

State:
    IL
    Give 'em to your kids, He)), give me a couple I will call ya' daddy.

6. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.

Learn to make custom rods & we'll work something out son.LOL

A friend of mine had that problem with a new rod,his reel was to large for that rod.
    He added a small lead bar to the rod and it worked. He tied the bar to the rod with two small nylon ropes. Took the R & R and tried to balance it while sliding the bar back & forth,when he got it as close as he could he marked it then glued the bar to the rod.

7. Chanellocked

Chanellocked New Member

State:
    Lake St. Louis, MO
    I have between 17-20 rods/reels, my wife says that's way too many, she thinks I only need 1 rod/reel, yeah right, what she know?lol My younger brother happened onto 3 vintage Abu's and he just won't turn them over to me. May have to pull rank on him.lol Congrats on vintage Abu's:thumbsup:

8. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Hey I wasn't trying to make a pitch to become Godfather Gracia.LOL I'd give you guy's one,but then everyone else would want one to.:)

9. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    A few years back one of my sons asked me "why do you keep all this old junk?" I said "So ya'll can sale it when I'm dead". He looked at me like I was nutts and said "No one wants to buy junk". I'd love to see the look on his face when he finds out what all this junk is gonna be worth.LOL

10. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    One man's junk is another man's treasure. Somehow, the subject of golf clubs came up last night, and someone said, "Just throw them away." I said that instead of throwing them away, cut off the bulgy thingy on the bottom end, then weld on a big hook to make a nice gaff. That's about the only kind of gaff you ever see down below Dardanelle dam.