New reel...

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by PTDixieGal, Aug 8, 2008.

What do you think of the new Daiawa reel?

1. What the heck are you talking about? They made a new reel?

2. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT

3. It's okay.

4. CHUNK IT!!! I HATE IT!!!

5. I've seen it and I'm thinking about getting one. But I haven't decided.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    What do you think of the new Daiawa spincasting reel?

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am not that hip to the new products, could you give us a little more information. Do you know anyone that has one? Thanks for the post

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I have some smaller ones that I use for crappie fishing and they are good reels for the money. I prefer the bait casters for katfishng. What are you looking for?

4. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    I use one for baitfish and it O.k.

5. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    Yeah, my dad has one. Said it's the biggest one Daiawa makes. I've seen it, but not up close...it's kind of his baby.

6. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    I don't think I have ever even fished a Diawa reel...

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I run shimano and okuma spinning reels. All with the rear fighting drags. I prefer baitcasters if i'm catfishin though. Just depends what a person likes.

8. Brokenlines

Brokenlines New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Are you referring to the new Daiwa Silvercast Spincast reels?

I placed an order for the SC80A and the SC170A models. Haven't received them yet. Small one will be for ultralight fishing and the large one I'm going to try for Bass and Cats. I'll let you know after I get a chance to use em'.

9. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    I talked to my dad yesterday...that would be the ones!

10. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I fished freshwater,tidewater,saltwater inshore and offshore for years with them.I have the utmost respect and confidence in the small to the large.I always got my moneys worth out of them and have not a single regret for any of the many that I have bought.I have plum wore out and tore up a few,but was well satisfied.

They make many grades.You will get what you pay for.You can not ask for more.Baby the cheap ones and they will last.Abuse the best and you can destroy them if you try hard enough.

I have a old 7000C that has caught Cobia,King Mackerel,Wahoo,Barracuda,the Jacks,Grouper,Snapper,Drum and Shark.It has survived many a spooling with no damage.I have smaller ones that have fished for Spanish Mackerel,Flounder,Croaker,Whiting,Spot,Sheepshead to Brook,Brown and Rainbow Trout.Bow Fin,Bull Heads and small bait fish of the swamps.I have fished with them in several other countries.I like them.

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee.

11. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I've not used nor seen that reel, but, I've always had good luck with Daiwa rods and reels. I've just had a few of each...
    Haven't had any Heavy stuff, from them, but, the light to medium has been quite satisfactory!

12. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    i've not used a diawa in about 15 yrs.always seemed like pretty good reels to me.but i did'nt even know they made big cat reels.

13. KansasKatCatcher

KansasKatCatcher Active Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
    My Buddy has One.Its a Very Nice Spincast.Only complaint I have is I feel the buttonat the bottom was to large.It didn't feel right pushing it in.