The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am a ABU guy but being board as h#!! today i drove to bass pro to look around ,yel right well I bought a OKUMA Strata Master SM30D with depth counter ,price wasnt bad $49.95 the question I have is are they any good ??? :0a21::0a35:

·
Registered
11,104 Posts
Yes Bass Pro Is a pretty good outfit. LOL

:smile2::smile2::smile2:

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
I have never used on. I know what you mean about being bored. I recently revamped my whole reel situation. Nothing fancy for me a trip to the local walmart and those new Tidewater's really got my blood flowing. I used them a couple of times and I am completely satisfied.............of course I have not reeled in any record fish or anything..........but I never did that before either so nothing has changed there. :smile2:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Give it a test run and report the results. $49.95 sounds like a great deal.:wink:

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
i have 2 okuma i use for heaver cats they are good reels, i don't have counter on it, i run 30 lb test it can hold alot of line. good luck with it

·
Registered
729 Posts
Pat,
Ive never used one of those reels but have heard that they are good. Just catch a biggan and see how it performs. Im sure if anyone can put it to the test, it will be you. Another one of those 68 pounders would test it real nicely.

·
Registered
291 Posts
90%(12) of my reels are Abu Garcia and 10% (2) are Okuma. My blood runs Garcia but my wife bought me two Okumas for Christmas of 06 and the reels are great. You will not regret buying them. With the powergrip handle, it's like turning on a 2500lb winch. Abu Garcia7000 lever drag

1 - 7 of 7 Posts