NEW REEL

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishcrazy256, Feb 15, 2008.

1. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey guys I am a ABU guy but being board as h#!! today i drove to bass pro to look around ,yel right well I bought a OKUMA Strata Master SM30D with depth counter ,price wasnt bad $49.95 the question I have is are they any good ??? :0a21::0a35:

2. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yes Bass Pro Is a pretty good outfit. LOL

:smile2::smile2::smile2:

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I have never used on. I know what you mean about being bored. I recently revamped my whole reel situation. Nothing fancy for me a trip to the local walmart and those new Tidewater's really got my blood flowing. I used them a couple of times and I am completely satisfied.............of course I have not reeled in any record fish or anything..........but I never did that before either so nothing has changed there. :smile2:

4. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Give it a test run and report the results. $49.95 sounds like a great deal.:wink:

5. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    i have 2 okuma i use for heaver cats they are good reels, i don't have counter on it, i run 30 lb test it can hold alot of line. good luck with it

6. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Pat,
    Ive never used one of those reels but have heard that they are good. Just catch a biggan and see how it performs. Im sure if anyone can put it to the test, it will be you. Another one of those 68 pounders would test it real nicely.

7. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 Member

State:
    Central, SC
    90%(12) of my reels are Abu Garcia and 10% (2) are Okuma. My blood runs Garcia but my wife bought me two Okumas for Christmas of 06 and the reels are great. You will not regret buying them. With the powergrip handle, it's like turning on a 2500lb winch. Abu Garcia7000 lever drag