New reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by pappy3, Sep 12, 2007.

1. pappy3

pappy3 New Member

State:
    texas
    Well I bought a new toy! Abu revo stx . I know it doesn't hold a lot of line but I have right at a 100 yds of 50lb power pro on it , that with 24lbs of drag I should be able to play for a while . I hooked it up to a 7.5 ugly stik 1 pc.
    so I should have a lot of leverage to play short distances. This is the smoothest reel I have ever owned, I will put it to use this fall and winter along with my penn, shimano big reels. I just needed to have something to cross over for bass/ catfish . I have read that folks are using them for red fish and really like the way they hold up so since I haven't bought a reel in 10 years I would give this one a try. I will give you an update later in the fall! :smile2: pappy3

2. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I hope that you enjoy your knew toy. I know it is cool to get a new one. When you get that first bite on a new rod and reel. Well you know

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    John congrats on the new reel. There is nothing wrong with treating yourself once every ten years. I hope it works out for you.:smile2:

4. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    Sounds like a great outfit. Good luck!

5. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Its always nice when you get new toys! Good luck with the new reel.

6. hoosierdaddy47250

hoosierdaddy47250 New Member

State:
    Madison,indiana
    let us know how you like it .. i am looking to update some of mine.

7. grillking

grillking New Member

State:
    omaha, nebraska
    john, good luck on your new setup. sounds like it should fit your needs well.:wink:

8. pappy3

pappy3 New Member

State:
    texas
    Thanks everyone I will let you know how it works for me! :wink: pappy3

9. muleherder

muleherder New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've been looking hard at the Revo reels to replace an old Heddon 3200. I'm always looking for reviews and experiences with this reel.