New Reel Penn 320 Gt2

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by HARVRAD2003, Mar 11, 2006.

1. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Won a new or like new PENN 320 GT2 on EBAY, paying 78.00 counting shipping. So now I have 2 PENN 320 GT2'S and with the Ambassadeur 7000c3 I'll buy tomorrow that should give me 4 good reels to river fish. I have 2 others a Quantum IRON IR 335 and a PENN JIGMASTER 500 M one of the vintage ones in mint condition, so I figure all I have to do now is buy a few more good rods and I should be ready to go for a long time

2. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I'm also bidding on another PENN 320 GT2 kind of hope I don't get it but if I do what the heck, guess I'm done for a few months.

3. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    How do you like your 320 gt2's. I just bought one the other evening from Bass Pro and I haven't got to try it out yet?

4. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    The one I bought last year, I took out in the back yard which is the Cemetary and casted to see what I could catch, not much out there to catch. But I thought it casted great---I have a 7000c3 and when you get used to casting them which is sweet it's hard to get used to another reel. I was able to cast about 60-70 yds within about 30 minutes, not much still working on my distance. Haven't taken them out casting this year but I plan on it when it dries up. Everyone says they are built strong---there right, there a big hoss. If you want to get another PENN try the Jigmaster 500, bought a vintage one off ebay last year, hard to get used to but I was able to get about 40-50 yds after a little while. There not level wind so it's hard for me to get used to, but I think it's probably my stoutest reel that I have, you can pick the up off of ebay usually for around 40.00 in great shape.