New Reel Ordered

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by HRCats, Feb 14, 2009.

1. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    With the fishing season approaching fast i made an order today for a new Abu Garcia 6500 C3 reel. The expected delivery date is in 7-10 days which is way too long. :crazy: I've been talking to my buddy Jack and he assured me that i would love this reel. It's great having a fishing buddy that you can rely on not to steer you in the wrong direction! Anyways i got this reel for 79.99 shipped which i think is a great deal. Can't wait to get it and do some fishing!!!!

2. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    If you dont mind rodger can i ask were you got it? And congrads.

3. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Congratulations on the new reel Rodger. Know that feeling of the waiting game. You'll be like a boy at Christmas time when it comes and you unwrap it and start playing with it.

4. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thats a steal at that price.... I have three of them and I love em.If I'm not mistaken they usually go for $100

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You cant go wrong with the newer 6500 c3's..Because of the updated drag "carbon matrix" as well as a more durable level wind system.

The put these upgrades on the 6500's in 2006, I have 3 of them and the drag is so much improved.

6. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I have 2 6500c3s one older and a newer one I think you will like them very much! Congrats on the new one bro!

7. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I got one too.I love it.I put a power handle on mine

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the new reel brother.. Abu's are the only way to go!!:wink: rollo

9. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I've been fishing Ambassadeurs since the early 70's and haven't found a bad one yet. My first was a 5000 and I've moved all the way up to the 7000 Pro-Rocket. Love those Abu's I think you will love it.

10. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I got one for christmas and had it out yesterday throwing some musky baits around. It sure was nice with the 65# power pro on it.

11. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Congrats on the reel Roger. You're gonna love it for sure. Sounds like it's time for another new PB Brother.

12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Roger has a new sinker mold on the way also, something for him to do untill the flatheads start to bite!:wink::smile2:

13. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Oh your gonna love it for sure. I just got one too and I caught my 1st blue on it the other night .

Enjoy and g'luck with it.

-Jim-

14. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    You guys sure love your baitcasters I'll stick with my spinning gear I had the very old casting reels with only the clicker on the side Pfluegers and 2 1 piece solid glass 6 foot rods and those were what me and my pop used for catfishing on the Elk river in Elkton,Md where his mother lived and where I spent my summers for 8 years but never threw a live bait I always caught the blue crabs into 4 and pulled out the legs and broke off the top shell put the hook in the leg socket out through the bottom shell channel cats went wild for it.Never casted a casting or baitcaster after that.Maybe just some weird feeling of mine but I have my 2 Okuma abf 65 reels they will work:wink: Good luck all hurry up springtime!!!!!

15. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Roger,

Now you have to get a new rod.

16. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You know it!!! I am leaning heavily towards an american nite stick.... good rod for the money.

17. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    what action med heavy or just heavy?

18. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Rumor has it that Roger got a major backlash on the first cast with his new reel.:wink:

But saved the day by catching 3 nice channels with it!

19. howard2119

howard2119 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I just bought a new Abu 6500 record with a cranking handel it is the best reel i have ever bought. Can't go wrong with abu