New record blue???

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by wowsafari, May 6, 2008.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    That was BOC member Radish. The whole story is on here. I don't have the link but I'm sure someone will post it. It was a True Monster!!! Maybe 140-150#+ but I don't think 200#'s, maybe hough, either way I commend him for releasing it with no harm!!! It was awesome!!!!!!
    Congrats again Radish!!!!!!:wink::big_smile:

2. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    as far as i am concerned, radish holds the world record on the blue catfish. that thing is beyond heavier than the one caught on the upper mississippi! i am glad he let it go unharmed too, as i am tired of seeing the world records die! maybe someone will get a clue sometime that you can't take these old fragile fish and repeatedly take em out of the water for pics, keep them in a tub, and then put them in an aquarium on a diet of chicken and expect them to survive.

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    My hat is off to the man & I wish I was there to whitness the fight that is one big fish!

4. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    really really nice blue catfish rick

5. mswaterfowler

mswaterfowler New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Radish is the man, and you have to give him props for releasing it instead of killing it and getting a new record.

6. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    that things huge. i remember seeing that post one time.i would say its atleast 150-175lbs. that that things a monster. i am glad to see he released it

7. lklutts

lklutts New Member

State:
    louisiana
    What a fish to dream about. Wow.

8. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Folks, that fish is still out there and I will bet it is only a matter of time before it is caught and weighed in.

My hope is that an educated CPR angler catches the fish and makes an attempt to keep it alive until it can be weighed on certified scales.