New record Blue Catfish from James River

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by jonnycat, Jul 16, 2006.

1. jonnycat

jonnycat New Member

State:
    Maryland
    New record Blue Catfish for Virginia was caught last night weighing in at 95lbs 7oz measuring 50in by 36 girth. More to come later---jonnycat

2. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

I got to see a picture of that...That is a monster

3. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Now that sounds like a beast. Can't wait to see some pics.

SudDawg

4. live22skate

live22skate New Member

State:
    Arizona
    wow, it seems like every day another record is broken.

5. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Wow can't wait for more info. but I guess I will wait .lmao

6. Catfishhunter2U

Catfishhunter2U New Member

State:
    mo.
    Man.as soon as i get my boat ther be more broken....lol i can dream can't i

7. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
  8. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Wow, what a fish. Won't be long before the record is 100 +. And with a 95 pound giant swimming around, you know there has there be plenty of 100+ fish as well. And, with the new blue cat regulation in place, the sizes are just going to get bigger.

9. jonnycat

jonnycat New Member

State:
    Maryland
    It swam away in good health & with good strength. I talked to a couple of guys who said it was in great condition when they released it. Plenty of pressure is sure to follow with this news but the James is a big river. I just hope people use good judgement when deciding to tackle the Mighty James. The wind can turn ugly in a short amount of time and become challenging to say the least. I'm due for some strong pullage so I'm heading down there again this week one evening or next weekend for sure. Hope to see some of you on the water soon---jonnycat

10. madcatter

madcatter New Member

State:
    West Virgina
    The fish was caught by Archie Gold and was weighed in at Green Top at 95.7 (10ths.) or 95 lbs. 11 oz. from what I've read. Archie fished with the VCA for several years (from the start) . Archie, if you can read this , Way to go !!!! PS If you feel lucky we are doing the Chick this weekend.

11. SwiftWater

SwiftWater New Member

State:
    Central Virginia
    Awesome catch! I want to see this BEAST!

How long do ya'll think this record will stand?

I give it 6 months tops.

12. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Anyone found any pics of this fish? If so please post link.

Thanks,

Wheelmobile07

13. jonnycat

jonnycat New Member

State:
    Maryland
    If it hasn't came through to you send me your phone # and I'll call you to hook you up with the 411. I'm not too good at this computer thing so I still prefer to talk on the phone. Later for now---jonnycat

14. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Hey jonnycat do you hve any pic's if so you can get them to me or Bryan by email and we can get them posted on here for you.

15. jonnycat

jonnycat New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Send me your phone # and I'll send you to the site. I'm having trouble making the other methods work for me. I'm a redneck and am married to the computer genius(sp). I'm basically lost on the computer. Later for now---jonnycat

16. jonnycat

jonnycat New Member

State:
    Maryland
    I'm leaving home now to run some errands but I can be reached on my cell. 443-336-3117. I can tell you the link to see the picture. Later for now---jonnycat

17. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Can't wait to see pics of that monster!

18. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Ok Guys Here It Is I Will Have The Story Here Soon Its On The Way. But Here The Pic And Man What A Hog.

Attached Files:

19. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
  20. jonnycat

jonnycat New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Nice talking to you on the phone. Thankyou for putting that good info up for the reading. I don't surf the web, I just sink. I'm a talker as you have now learned first hand. I look forward to getting together with you soon so we can talk catfish one on one. Many have said the Blue Catfish record would return to the James and it is surely to go up several more pounds in the next few months to a year. The word is out now and the James is gonna get crowded. I just hope people will respect the James for the waterway it is and not forget what else lies beneath and on the surface. Hope to see some of you out there soon. Later for now---jonnycat