New Ramp

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by PHLIPS4BIGKATS, Feb 27, 2008.

1. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    I went over Wamego day before yesterday and checked out the new public boat ramp and man that is going to be nice. That means 15min drive and I'm fishn in the KAW.I will be puttin some quality time in there this year.:big_smile:

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Wish I could say the same for my river.They only put canoe launches on it.Lol.Most of the time its too shallow but when its up a little you could get around in a jon boat.I quess for now I will keep carrying the darn thing down the bank.:angry:

3. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

State:
    Alma Kansas
    YA THEY JUST KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE WOULD USE THEM DOWN THERE.IF THEY WOULD TRY ONE SOME WHERE THEY MIGHT BE SUPRISED ON RESPONSES PEOPLE WILL GIVE.

4. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Thats no joke.Its one of only 3 navigable rivers in KS and you only have 2 ramps that I know of and they might as well be in OK.:smile2:There is a lot of untouched water in that river and I wanna touch it.

5. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    thats what i have to deal w/ here in topeka. we have 1 ramp on the outskirts of town on the east side. the south side of the kaw at the weir has no access due to the water plant. so in order to fish the current ya need a boat or fish the pocket on the south side. to get to the weir from the ramp ya have to go up river several miles and go through a tank of gas

6. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Chris that is cool that Wamego is geting that I'll have to check it out I know that there are some nice holes in that area.

7. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Dan, they built ti under the west side of the bridge. You get to it at the first street and turn down the alley.

8. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Thanks, that will be nice it have a nice ramp in town. My Brother and Sister-in-Law are moving there in a month or so. Even more reason to visit them now. :wink:

9. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    I live in Wamego, and look at the progress on the ramp several times a week. Can't wait! Just got back from MO. with a new jet and plan on doing a lot of catch and release if they cooperate.