Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I've seen the rods on Bass Pro's site, and I've seen the combo's in store. The rods with the combo's are not the same as the rods that sell by themselves. After reading the specs, I honestly believe that they are the same blanks and guides as the Quantum Big Cats, they are just dressed up with EVA grips and white graphics, like a "catfish rod" should be.

·
Registered
291 Posts
PURE JUNK!! Just received two from bps, pulled the first one out and the tip was broken off, pulled out the second....whewww it was intact proceeded to do the load test, the rod didn't even make it to 45 degree angle...SNAP between the 2-3 eye. They were the 7'9" Med action and should have been alot more flexible than that. Needless to say back to Ugly Sticks big game rods.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
I myself had problems with my ugly stick big game rod. Caught a 20 lb channel last summer and my mono line cut threw the inserts in the top three eyelets, got lucky and didn't break but since then it went to the trash.
mono cut your eyes. never heard of that happening. just thought that was brad that cut eyes:confused2:

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
wow. thats a first ive heard of mono doung that. but it does cause friction and friction causes heat. braid does it from sawing. suppose yours must have burnt. just never had heard that.:confused2:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
my brother n law bought the river combo last year when the rods were all white and that rod feels solid. i was at bass pro sat. and the ones with the orange wraps feel flimsy and week. i assume the ones on the combo switched to theise too but i didnt look. if they did i wouldnt advise getting any of theise.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.