new purchase

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Brentkeele, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I have the opportunity to make a purchase for which I have already written the check. I just have to wait to see the seller again (sunday).

Here is the deal:

4 penn 320 gti's spooled with braided line and in excellent shape
    1 abu 7000b
    1 abu 7000 c3
    1 large brand new okuma spooled with braided line Unknown model number but it is another baitcaster

The Penns are in excellent shape.

The abus are well used but functional. I don't feel bad about the "well used description with the availability of parts for abus.

I trust the seller implicitly and would put his knowledge of the sport up there with ANYONE. That includes the likes of the big boys (Jameson, King). He fishes competitively on nationwide trails and has won more than his share of winnings.

He made a purchase to replace several of his reels and is offering these to me to help me get a leg up on my love of chasing the kitties.

Price: $180.00 for all 7 seven reels.

I do have a question: I am not familiar with the 7000b. Does anyone have any specifics on this reel? Also, the 7000c3 reel, Is this one of the fav's of a lot of ya, or am I thinking of another model?

Thoughts anyone?

2. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Same spec's as the reg 7000's the B is for bushing so if I recall it correctly rom when I got mine it has 2 bearing and a bushing in the handle.

3. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    HI,
    I looked up the schematic at the Abu Garcia website, and the 7000B looks like a fairly normal 7000. If it's the same size and I think it is,, the only difference I could see was that it had a thumbguard on that model, and it also said it is green.
    Of course I could hae missed something, but, it looks OK to me..:wink:

4. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    i have 3 7000b abus, and love them . but if you need to get rid of some 7000s ill be glad to help you out with them

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brent congrats on finding a great buy. Enjoy.

6. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    $180 for all that. whew your getting one heck of a deal!! the 7000b is a 7000 the b stands for brandons reel and you should ship it to me immedatily lol! :wink::cool2:

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Finding GREAT deals is very gratifying!! You did VERY WELL. You're set up like cold grits now!! :wink:

Bill in SC

8. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    that is funny!! :smile2::smile2: My name also starts with a B though, nice try!:smile2:

9. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    We have our fair share of comedians on here. I'm enjoying these responses:wink::smile2:

10. nitemare_63

nitemare_63 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    seems like a heck of a deal... about the penn reels.... did he have any problems with them or did they hold up well????

11. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    He said that the penns were used very little and had nothing wrong with them. I am assuming that he found that he just prefers the abus, as he just purchased 5 new 7000's. This hypothesis is supported by the fact that the two abus that I am getting as part of this package are both ones that have a lot of hours and a lot of fish on 'em. I figure that if there are any issues with the abus, I can easily get parts for them. Penn also has a large parts support to them. I figured I couldn't go wrong with the deal. When you also factor in that he is a friend and I trust him, I have no worries. I'm just looking forward to a new season with a bunch of new toys.:cool2:

12. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Seems like a deal to me for all that hardware....:cool2:

13. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Sounds like ya got a good deal. Thats a lot of equipment. Hope ya have a good time with em.

14. kcgmatt

kcgmatt New Member

State:
    MO
    The 7000B has bushings rather than bearings but that is not a bad thing. You better hang on to your friend cause he gave you a great deal!

15. Relocated-Yankee

Relocated-Yankee New Member

State:
    Goldsboro
    Those Penns are solid reels and should hold up well. You can replace the bushings with bearings on the ABU's, if you feel the need. You can find those instructions right here in the forum.

Again, sounds like you got a great deal!!! :wink: