New pup

Discussion in 'Hunting Dogs Talk' started by way west, Jul 23, 2009.

1. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I haven't had a retriever since I was forced to put my old Chesapeake down a few years back. Without my hunting buddy I sort of lost interest in duck hunting.

My brother-in-law owns a pheasant and goose hunting operation south of Pierre, South Dakota. He owns some terrific dogs that see more birds in a season than most dogs do in a lifetime. Two of his labs are real standouts so he decided to breed them. He called me the other night and said I could have the pick of the litter...free.

It took some convincing where my wife is concerned but she always likes to go home to South Dakota. Tomorrow morning we're headed out west to pick up that pup. If he turns out to be half the dog his mammy and pappy are I'll be a happy camper.

Just had to share the good news.

A steady job and the love of a good woman have been the ruination of many a good fisherman:big_smile:

2. Eddie Mullins

Eddie Mullins New Member

State:
    AR
    I've never had retrievers or been a water fowl/bird hunter, but I do raise moutain curs for squirrel hunting. I am always excited about getting puppies. Thats probably why I have to many dogs now - they grow up LOL. Hope this one turns out to be a good un for you!

3. channelin

channelin New Member

State:
    Baldwin City Kansas
    I just got a new english lab pup a few months ago, Good luck with the new fella!

4. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Great! Good for you! As soon as you can, put some pictures on here.

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Our family has always been partial to the spaniel breeds, but I'm sure you will love your lab! Labs are cool.
    Bill in SC

6. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    WTG Buck!! Hoping that new family edition, brings joy to you and the family!! Good luck with the new " Man's Best Friend"!! I'm sure it will!!:big_smile:

7. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    My old lab is getting old. Best friend, pet, hunting companion I ever had. Enjoy the new Pup.

8. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    That's great Buck! My Lab lived almost 15 years and he was a fantastic dog. He passed away a couple months ago and that's when I got Dudley, an English Springer Spaniel. He's 4 months old now and coming along really nice. He is something else. I know you will love your new buddy. Post some pics.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Mark congrats on the new lab. Look forward to seeing some pics in the future.