NEW PROJECT!

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by River_monster91, Aug 16, 2008.

1. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    well fellers, got my 1990 ford ranger 4x4 5spd and im slowly turning it into a mudder. put me some nice dunlop 30x9.50 mud rovers on it and let me tell you they do fling the mud. in the next 3-4 weeks im going to put a 3'' suspension lift in the rear and a 2'' suspension in the front. only reason im puttin 3'' in the back is because the leafsrpings are sagging really bad and i think it will even it all out. anyway im really debating on puttin manual lockouts on it instead of the auto locking hubs right now but i dont know if i wanna do that or not.

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    30x9.50 mud rovers??

Did they fit in the wheel wells without to much cutting?

3. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    the auto hubs will handle that small tire with no problem... run them till they pop!!:wink:

4. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Better start saving lot's of brake money lol And i mean for your front break's them tall tire's are a killer on the break system let alone the the rear end gear's!

5. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    yessir with the leaf springs sagging in the back the way they are i figured it would be a tight fit. didnt have to do any cutting. still gonna put on a lift that way when the 30x9.50s wear out i can put 31x10.50s on .

6. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    just spent all of my last check putting all new brakes on so that shouldent be a problem for a while.

7. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    thats what i was planning on doing. soon as the auto hubs are shot im gonna get a set of warn manual lockouts.

8. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    well guys got manual lockouts on the way and a 2'' suspension im checkin on with that crazy ebay. hopefully ill get it so i dont know

9. Moonlightn

Moonlightn New Member

State:
    California
    If I was you I'd replace the rear springs! That much tire on an old sagging set of springs that were weak when the truck was new. Is brave in my opinion. Your not putting those tires on it to drive the streets. A broken spring = a wild ride. No matter were you are!
    If I'm not mistaken isn't a 90 Ranger built with a torsion bar front end?
    P.S... I'd take a good look at your u-joints as well!
    Better safe then DEAD!!
    Have fun with the new toy!

10. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    yea we got new leafsprings ordered for it to. puttin an overload spring on it too.

11. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    All that work and money, to get it to use more 4 dollar a gallon gas. I must be getting OLD. lol

12. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    sounds like a fun project. smart thinking on the 3 inch rear and 2 inch front..and if the front sits a little lower you can always crank up your torsion bar a little bit:cool2:

13. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    well now that im fixing up the outside its time for the interior work. got me an amp and am gonna buy a 15'' sub so ill have some music and i like it loud so it oughta bee good. gonna do some color changing in it too.

14. Midwest Drifter

Midwest Drifter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Yea then your gona want more power. Just as well order some headers an let;s see what else?

15. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas

drop a 302 in it lol. i might put a new set of heads on it with some hooker headers and maybe some intake work and a hotter camshaft.

16. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Back in high school we all had rangers and s-10 mini's. Mine had 3inch body and a 2 inch suspension. Man I had fun in that thing with some 33X12.5 swampers on it.
    Then I got into jeeps and it got real expensive. I currently have 2 lifted jeeps and one lifted dodge ram. Yeah gas sucks! $$$$$
    Good luck with your project............olj

17. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    post a list of upgrades ive done so far. aint much but its a start

1. 30x9.50x15 dunlop mud rover mud grip tires. they do dern good in the mud.

2. manual lockouts ordered should be here monday.

3. strait pipe added ( gotta make it sound good right?)

4. fog/trail lights.

5. soon to have a solid push guard with tow hooks and some kc's

also did some interior work like puttin in a new window motor on the drivers side. put new door handles in side cuz they both broke. dang 50 bucks for door handles whoda thunk? also put a new starter and a a new battery for it.