new project

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by cjuvinall, Apr 10, 2009.

1. cjuvinall

cjuvinall New Member

State:
    georgetown illinois
    well i got this from my uncle today and its in need of some work to say the lease, the old wood floor that someone put in is completly rotted out which i have some ideas on what to do for the new one, they put in a make shift livewell in the middle of the boat, dont know if it works, prob not. I also got a question, to mount driftmaster rod holders on this can i just use self drilling stainless screws or ? since it has a thick side i dont know. i get to clean his old car port up that fell down the other day, thats what all that crap is around the boat. for motor i havnt decided yet the two in the pic come with it but the one on it he said would be a pain to find parts for and the one laying on the ground supposely runs but who knows i might just use a good trolling motor to get around the river.

Attached Files:

2. cjuvinall

cjuvinall New Member

State:
    georgetown illinois
    here is some more pics

Attached Files:

3. cjuvinall

cjuvinall New Member

State:
    georgetown illinois
    a couple more

Attached Files:

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    A little tender love and care and a lot of elbow grease and you will be on the water fishing. Good luck on the project. Keep us updated on the work in progress.

5. George walker

George walker New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I fixed up an old boat, I enjoyed it, take your time and if you have any questions you can find the answer on web site. Check my profile I have some pic's that might help you.

6. cjuvinall

cjuvinall New Member

State:
    georgetown illinois
    thank you, got some ideas off your pics, i still dont know how im going to mount rod holders on mine with it having a angle to it on the side but im prob over thinking it, i think if i get a 45angle holder, the little angle on the boat should still make the holder around where i want it. also since the sides like the way the are would it be strong enough if i did like driftmaster says, drill 3/16 holes and use 1/4 screws?

Attached Files:

7. cjuvinall

cjuvinall New Member

State:
    georgetown illinois
    well finally got around to it lol, got the old rotted floor out and getting ready to clean it up and lay the new one down

Attached Files:

8. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    Is that transom wood soft? You're in there already.

9. cjuvinall

cjuvinall New Member

State:
    georgetown illinois
    yea i was thinking about that to, it is has very little soft in it but while im there ive been thinking about replaceing to