new project with the boy

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by JERMSQUIRM, Nov 9, 2005.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well ya all may remember the soapbox we built. this latest project is a scooter. he said "dad i want a scooter" i had just seen a few kids go by on the new fangled ones with the lil roller blade wheels. just the next day at grannies, (whom is 89 and had to be put into full nursing care) just happened to have an old rudty big wheel in the shed.

after a bit on sanding, new tires and tubes, a paint job, and some cleaning and bearing grease we got a pretty cool machine. and the pc isn't gonna let me load them just yet ill have to restart.

they be up soon. he got to choose the colors and the wheel colors. were white. he wanted black. a few electric ties and hes ready for the spring. all we need now is some grip tape for the foot pad. i felt like paul sr of orange county choppers putting it back togather trying not to scrath it, lmao. he got to help put some of the blue paint on and got to do some sanding. we put the new x-games grips on the handle gars lats night. prob been cheaper buying a new one lol. but we had a good time and now hes riding a machine he can say "me and dad built."

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    here we go. the during and after pic's

3. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    thats a neat little scooter there .
    its good to get those kids involved in stuff like that
    since our garage is cleared out now after homework and chores my older one is out there makeing little wood projects (his first year in industrial arts)!
    now you need to get an old weed eater motor rigged up on er LOL:p

4. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    One word jeremy, COOL!.
    daryll hit right bro, it is great to do things like that with your kids.
    If more did,there'd be less time for kids to get bored and go looking for the wrong things to get into.

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
  6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    all he kept saying after he seen it back togather was awesome.

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Yup, that's the right word for it. But, looking at that gave me an idea for a really outrageous scooter. What if you took a bicycle frame, cut the center part with the seat and pedals out and replaced it with a scooter-type place to stand? Modify the handlebars so that they could be operated from the lower position, and you'd have a really bigwheel scooter.

8. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    And that, my fellow brothers, is how inventions are made and new ideas come about. Ya see something someone else has and say, hey, what if I did .......

9. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Jeremy, good looking scooter. :D

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    thanks. now were looking for some "awesome" pads and getting a new brake handle.

11. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    That is too cool. Your a good Dad. :thumbsup: