new project boat

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by huls1, May 12, 2009.

1. huls1

huls1 New Member

State:
    alabama
    well been awhile since i have made a post, so here is what i have done. i had a girzzley 1754 that i used for a long time, the ride was getting to me so i decided to trade it off and wound up with a nice bass boat, i do like to bass fish in warmer weather, but what i found out is i did not want to launch it where i do my catfishing (below guntersville dam), so i have not been able to fish for any cats or saugar. but my youngest son bought a new boat and ask if i whated his old boat, of course i took it, it is a 15 foot lund with a 30hp yamaha tiller steer. should be just what i need but will have to make some mods for cats and sauger along with a little engine work. i will try to post some photos as i start getting her ready

2. huls1

huls1 New Member

State:
    alabama
    well i had to put the little boat in the shop to get the carbs cleaned and adjusted, it has three carbs and the adjustment is differant than any i have delt with, top carb sets at 3/4 turn middle carb is 1 and 3/4 turns and the bottom carb sets at 1 and 1/4 turn. i carried it out and after making some adjustments on the trim tab it runs out better than expected, i think i may carry it catting this weekend so i can start figuring out what i need to do to it now, i am still working of getting photos posted, anyone have any suggestions i am open for them.:confused2:

3. ridgerunner

ridgerunner Guest

Glad to hear you got a useful tool to fish with. Looking forward to the pictures.