new profile page

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by whisker maniac, Jun 28, 2008.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I like the new profile page. Thanks BOC that is quite an improvement.:big_smile:

2. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    Yea, but the only drawback I see is that nobody told anybody that they were going to open up your profile like that. Now you can look at my profile to see who my friends are and I can look to see who your friends are. Some may be disapointed to see that they are not on their friends "Friends List". See what I mean. Myself, I never used that part so maybe I won't hurt anybody's feelings, lol.

don3778

3. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    Well just because someone hasn't added you as a friend all you have to do is send them a friend request. I am sure that no one will pass up anyone on here as being a friend.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    If I am wrong on this ,somebody let me know ok. I noticed that the other eve. in chat I clicked on someones username ,thier profile came up,BUT IT DONT SHOW THEIR REAL NAME. I like to welcome newby's to chat by thier name ,and I cant call em by name if it aint there. just my .02 .

5. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    Your right about that part rich I hadn't noticed. But your name is still there on posts that you posted on.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    True ,Kevin,But it don't help this dummy when I am in chatroom :smile2:.

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Richard, I'm with ya on this one buddy. I was in chat early this morning for a while, and a couple folks came in whose names I did not know/couldn't recall. I missed being able to click on profiles and see the real names myself.

I think the upgrade is ongoing, so perhaps that part of the profiles will go back to normal sometime soon.

8. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    All the information that was in the profiles is still there. Take a look under the Profile Picture (or just their username and title if they haven't uploaded a profile pic) to the blue tab that says Visitor Messages. Then click the gray tabs to the right of that that say About Me, Statistics, Friends, and Contact Info. The About Me tab is the one under which you'll find that person's name and location. :wink:

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I hope that I will always have the time to speak with anyone on the B.O.C. But, I either don't have the time or the inclination to go to each page on the board to see what has changed, if it's changed, then experiment with the darn thing to see what it does. I like the KISS principle, as it really applies to me... Keep It Simplte Stupid.

10. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I liked the old profile page... but I'm partial to "old". :cool2:

I liked clicking on a page and seeing ones profile without having to click again. Less wear and tear on my fingers.

I thought everyone was already my friend except the ones in my Ignore List. :wink:

11. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    I've gotten a few PM's from members who are unsure what I'm talking about. Here's a few screen caps of my profile that show the tabs I mentioned.

Attached Files:

12. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Just what does that mean anyway. It says I have 2 notificatons but when I click on it all I get is Error On Page. Whats the Deal.

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I don't like it whatsoever one bit that people can publicly see my messages on my profile page.Their messages to me, not anybody that clicks on that page..... Other than that, I reckon I'll get used to it......

14. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

John, "Notifications" includes PMs and also two new features "friend requests" (folks who want to be included on your friends list) and "new visitor messages" (you now have a conversation board in your user CP, everyone can see what is said there).

Try right clicking on "Notifications", then click on "Open"; or, you can just go directly into your User CP from the blue bar at the top of the page.

Hope this helps bro.

15. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Just think of your conversation board as a myspace page (I don't do myspace, but I heard that's how it works). Private messages are still private messages, so if someone has something personal to say to you that feature is still available. :big_smile:

Kris (Eithne), thank you for the pictures but no dice. I went in everyone's profile on this page, yours included, once again. In your pics, where it's showing those tabs? All I have there is a skinny navy blue line. Tried clicking on it, dragging across it, everything I could think of.

16. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

17. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I was about to commend you Chris for enlightening me on the rocket science involved here to find someones name ,but I have the same thing Tanya describes,I guess it really is rocket science:smile2: