New Pro Nite Stick!

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by smoothkip25, Jan 1, 2009.

1. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I just took advantage of the American Spirt discount they are running and recieved my 7'6" pro nite stick! Im really happy with the quality of this rod, from the eyes to the real seat and cork handles. Its a MH but its stout but the tip seems to have real good feeling! I put a 6500 TC on it today and cant wait to put it to a challenge on the water! Overall Im real happy with my purchase and plan to pick a few more of these rods up for spring!

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Kip Congrats on the new rod. It should serve you well. Sounds like a balanced setup. Let us know how it performs.

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I appreciate the report. I'm hoping to buy 10 of them, IF I can ever sell anything I have listed.
    Bill in SC

4. payton350

payton350 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I think when I decide to get a new rod that would deffinately be one of my choices.

5. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    ive got two of the nite sticks myself i have a reel i need a rod for so mybe ill pick me one up as well.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    they are good rods, i have to use the 12 foot nite sticks at my spots for casting distance

7. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    You are gonna love those rods man! I've got 4 of them and I'm about to get 2 more to round out the collection. They will cast some heavy weight and I promise they will handle any fish you'll get ahold of. I've got cats up to about 70lbs+ on them. They work great for circle hooks and fishing clickers and J-hooks, I promise you'll be happy.

8. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Congrats on the new rod

9. Bravesnflat25

Bravesnflat25 New Member

State:
    Anderson
    I am glad someone told me something about these rods. I am thinking about getting one to put the new 6500 Catfish rocket on it.

10. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    I should be getting my Pro's in 5 or 6 days. Order 4 of them, 4 of the casting reels, and two spinning reels. Wifey is going to kick my ass. :eek:oooh:

He he, I'm glad now that she dropped $400 at Kohls.com last week. Supreme justification in my opinion. :smile2:

11. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    The rods showed up today, and I have to say, I think that they are going to be GREAT. I'm very impressed with them. Lightweight and seem to have plenty of backbone to them, yet the tip is going to be good for circle hooks too.

As a side note, the wife saw the FedEx truck pull and said "Did you order anything?" I saw the truck and was OUT THE DOOR like a kid stealing a candy bar. After about 30 minutes of drooling on everything out in the garage, I came back inside.

HER: "What'd you buy?"
    ME: "Got a great deal on some fishing stuff through the catfish website I hang out on...(thanks Jeff!!)"
    HER: "How much did you spend?"
    ME: "Remember your Kohls.com..??" Kiss at this point.
    HER: "That's not funny."
    ME: "It's not supposed to be. It's OK, that's why I sold my big safe." BIG crappy grin
    HER: "I thought you did that to buy stuff for your boat?"
    ME: "Well, what do you think rods and reels are? Can't go fishing on a boat without them."
    HER: No words, just the EYE ROLL.

HA HA HA

12. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I got 2 of them last week, shipping was real fast, look like good rods, a little on the light side, have not caught a fish on them yet. Thanks Jeff!

13. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Chris and Paul, you guys are gonna love them. I am so glad that I randomly chose those rods over everything else. Really I just wanted a white rod and I surely wasn't going to spend $70 on a Surge so that was the only other option. I wish I had 2 more but that'll be happening soon I hope. Just gotta convince the wife to let me:crazy: I did just get 2 8ft Glow Sticks in a trade so she may not be too happy about seeing 2 more rods come in the door:smile2:

14. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I placed my order TODAY, for 10 of the 7'6" MH Pro Nite Sticks. I look forward to using them. Since I only have 8 Abu Garcia reels, I will soon buy a pair of the new Abu Garcia 'Green Cat' reels. :wink:

Bill in SC

15. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Them Green Cats are some sharp reels!

16. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Well, the pair of 'Blue Cats' I bought last year seem extra smooth, so I thought I would add a pair of 'Green Cats'. I also have a pair of 6000, a pair of regular 6500c3 and a pair of 6500TC. Sorry, we are talking and RODS! :wink:

Bill in SC