Discussion in 'WEST VIRGINIA RIVER TALK' started by catfishguy, Nov 19, 2008.

1. catfishguy

catfishguy New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I am glad to finally see some interest in the WV section of the forum!:smile2:

2. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    gos for me to i know theirs a lot of catmen fish the guyandotte:wink:

3. catfishguy

catfishguy New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Hopefully I'll have a boat by spring and I will fish the Guyandotte a lot. If not, I'll still fish it a lot!:big_smile:

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    West Virginia has some great catfishing, I am surprised we don't hear more from them. I think we need to spread the word a little better

5. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I post local WV every once in a while grew up fishing the West Fork around Clarksburg .

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    "West Virginia has some great catfishing, I am surprised we don't hear more from them. I think we need to spread the word a little better"

Shane, It's not that they don't want to. It's just that it is hard to get a communications signal out of them thar hills! lol :eek:oooh::wink:

7. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    That is true.

I dont post alot cause I am usually busy but if I have a fishing report or river report I usually chime in.

You would think more people on the Kanawha River would be checking the BOC out since it is a premier flathead water.

8. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    i'll be their in spring with bells on i love fishing the guyandotte:wink::smile2::big_smile:

9. flying_v_64

flying_v_64 New Member

State:
    NC
    Hey Mankind I spent the better part of my life fishing the head waters of the Guyandotte around Mullens & Pineville. I moved here to Western NC in '88 and haven't been back there fishing since. I sure miss the old days slaying the cats with my bros and drinking brew-ha's. My family is still there and i'm going to plan a catfishing trip for this Summer.
    I do most of my catfishing now on Monticello reservoir in SC. There are giant blues comin' out of there daily! Good to hear fishing news from fellow Mountaineers.:roll_eyes::big_smile:

10. catfish_clayton

catfish_clayton New Member

State:
    Catania, Italy,
    I live up in the tip of WV and Ive seen some monsters come out of the portion of the Ohio R. that flows past my area.