New post Section!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TOPS, Nov 6, 2005.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    How many members go directly to the new post section as soon as the come on the B.O.C. site? I do! This is the same as CHECK NEW MESSAGES on the old site. The reason I do this is I can find out fast if anyone from Arkansas has posted instead going to the States form and clicking on Arkansas. If someone from Louisiana made the last post, the Arkansas post will be over ridden in the state form but not In the NEW POST thread. I hope you members Can understand what I am trying to convey to you. It is easer, for me, to use the new post section.

Let me know if you use the NEW POST section also!! Thanks :D

2. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Verlon, although I'm not from Arkansas, that is exactly what I do, also! :) Your right, it is the quickest, easiest way to follow the threads.

3. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yep Top, that's the first thing I click on. The only thing it doesn't show you is any new posts in the High Intensity area. You have to go into the HI area to see any of those. :0a26:

4. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Ramrod,
    If you're signed up for the HI area, it should show that also. If not, put it as a "subscribed" thread and you'll know when there's a post made, I think.

5. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    When you subscribe to a thread it simply sends you an e-mail if someone posts to that particular thread. Still not sure why it won't show HI posts when you click on New Posts.

6. el_pescador

el_pescador New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I don't have a chance to get on much, so there are always a lot of new posts, so it is easier for me just to click on all of the sections.

7. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I can see that being a problem. must check in often to keep the post from pilling up. :D :D

8. Catman

Catman New Member

State:
    Randolph, Nebraska
    I use the new post feature every day. :0a24:

9. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    For all the new members, be sure to check the new post section at the top of the page,you will find alot of info here that might be missed if you go directly to the main page instead reading the new post first. Hope this will help you learn this site. :D

10. flatheaddundee

flatheaddundee New Member

State:
    Madison,MS
    I like this thing this is what i'm doin

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I always use it, unless I am gonna start a thread.

12. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    I use the new post selection to see the new posts after I have looked through all the current threads that I've already posted in. I use the thread subscription feature to do this. It lists all threads that you have posted in that contains a new response in it. After you enroll in the subscribed threads feature via your control panel options...to access it all you have to do is go to your CP, and they will be listed for you. I don't opt for the e - mail notification however...I get too much mail for my taste when using that. It's not that hard to look for myself and see the responses.

13. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Yep, deffinetly the first thing to check out. Dick

14. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yep, I agree. I love that feature! :)

15. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

Yep,it's the first one i hit,when i come on the BOC!
    LeakyBoat

16. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    All new members of the B.O.C. Please read post number one of this Thread!! I hope the info will help you learn this site. :D :D

17. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I always use the 'new post' feature. Unfortunately, it will only show me a maximum of 200 posts, which means if I am away from my computer for a few days, I only get to see a portion of the new posts.