New Pond Advice?

Discussion in 'Pond Fishing' started by 925Fishing, Jul 30, 2014.

1. 925Fishing

925Fishing New Member

State:
    California
    Here is the pond i fished last week:

OHP back of building overlooking patio.jpg 2391986560_8618e867ee_z.jpg OHP P1010005.JPG

I was using cheap hotdogs soaked in vanilla and vegetable oil. Mind you this if the first time i've ever
    fished for cats. I'm 22, the last time i caught a cat i was 15, reeling in my friends trout pole baited
    with power bait. Doesn't count. Years later, i'm an avid trout and bass fishermen during their respective seasons,
    and thought i would now target cats. I caught this:

catt.jpg

What type of cat is this?

I'm going to be returning to this pond very soon, using the same hot dog method. I caught about 6 turtles, and i'm guessing i will still catch a bunch of them. Just hoping i get a cat every now and then. I will be baiting a second pole with sweet corn loaded on a #2, as i saw a few massive carp in there.

Any tips or strategy on fishing this pond? I'm using 20lb Power Pro braid (6lb Diameter) for cats and 10lb low vis green Trilene mono for carp. Dont want to switch line because i use them both for Bass.

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Welcome Dylan, Look's like a channle cat

3. hunter56nc

hunter56nc New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Looks like a year old channel cat. Try using night crawlers and chicken livers channels will devour both. Down size your hook to a size 6 for the carp. Good luck!

4. CatBassin'

CatBassin' Well-Known Member

State:
    Harmony, NC
    Name:
    Garrett
    I agree with James and Bob , channel cat.