New Poles..Not Really

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by RiverKing, Oct 16, 2009.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Had my 12 year old Ecat rods rewrapped with Stainless Steel eyes, and added some color to the wraps. Im pretty happy with how they turn out. This is a cell phone pic so its not that good.

Attached Files:

2. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    12 years old they look brand new.

3. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    looks good..how much an upgrade like that run?

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Matt the ECats are a great rod and your looks new. They will give you many more years of great service.

5. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Thats what was so shocking when i went to pick them up. Those poles looked heavily used, had shad scales all over them. And the guy that did them has them looking like they are brand new rods. It was 35 bucks for each pole. 105 for everything. I paid about 110 bucks each for them back in 97 when they were new, I have never found a rod i like as much as the ecat. Im lucky to have 3 of them, cause the remakes are not the same.

6. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    They are lookin good, hope they last a long time, its good to be able to keep and repair a good rod that you are familiar with.

7. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    don't know who did the work for you Matt but he did ya right. they really look good.

8. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Matt ill give ya 150 for them. they are nice

9. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    hey looks like great job i have 5 of the e-cats and like you i love tried others but e-cats the rod.the weak place is the eyes i.d like to get my done who did them for you can you put me in touch with him?

10. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

I wouldnt even sell them for 150 a peice. And if you meant 150 for all 3, im insulted..LOL...Thats over 300 in poles right there

11. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Yep, i hear about how great this new rod is, and that new rod is and that maybe the case. Im like you though, they aint ecats, so they arent for me!!

12. arizhunter

arizhunter New Member

State:
    Goodyear, Az
    It shows when some one takes pride in there work.I would be proud of them too. Nice rods