New Personal Best

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by cats gone wild, May 20, 2007.

1. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Went out Saturday with S-man on the Muskingum during the May Mayhem gathering. Got our baits out around 9:30 p.m., by 10:30 we had a 44 lb. flathead in the boat. I caught it on a gill in 3 ft. of water about 3 ft. from the bank. We had two more good runs but no hook ups. We quit around 3:30 a.m. This was my first flathead of the year, my previous pb was 35 lb. Thank's for going out with me Skip, it's good to share a moment like that with a fellow brother.

Attached Files:

2. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Here's another pic.

Attached Files:

3. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    nice one congrads on a new best

4. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Congrats on your PB and thanks for the great pics.

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    For a second there I was kinda doubtful,you know with no head and all lol, but the next pic explained it all. Great catch Phil!:cool2:
    Oh yeah, and keep an eye and ear pealed for them freight trains! lol:big_smile:

6. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Nice fish congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    congrats on the PB Phil,hope to see you fishing down here more often and may the PB go up again soon

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    first of all nice meeting you phil... secondly....NICE FISH phil. j/k. im very happy for you, good job man. it was alot of fun this weekend, and im glad someone caught a goodon! for information on this trip... call skip at 740-2007 monsterflats.... 2 nights on the water 8 hour trips, you pay for gas bring your own bait /tackle...if you come back without him....well you can ask skip about the rest lol

9. katfishbangin

katfishbangin New Member

State:
    Indiana
    nice fish cats, bet it was fun wrestling with that joker. Hopefully my time is coming, nice work.:big_smile:

10. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Congrats on the new PB! That is sure one dandy fish :cool2:

11. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Nice fish guys, glad to see the big boys are coming out of hiding.

12. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I only wish I had brought the video camera phil. I'm usually on the other end of the digital one lol, I can't take a photo with head and fish at the same time lol. Congrats on the PB. Keep your bait on the bank and your hooks sharp.

13. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Congrats to you Phil on your new PB flathead! Sure was a nice looking flattie. I don't think I have ever heard a grown man sound so much like a little school girl when you called me. lol. Of course I would have been on :003: myself. Hope you hook into a few more PB down on the river this year.

14. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Very nice fish! Congratulations!

15. greatthosu

greatthosu New Member

State:
    AZ.
    Great job.keep it up.

16. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    One heck of a nice fish! gotta love the surprised look in the second pic:lol:

17. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Very nice fish.
    Congratulations!

I just love the facial expressions that come up while holding a good fish for the camera during the middle of the night. Unlike myself, you still look miderately sane.:big_smile:

18. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good job on topping your personal best flathead! That's a real nice cat, thanks for sharing.

19. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    I was a little shocked. I was'nt expecting too much action because the water had cooled down about two degrees from the night before. And it is'nt too often that your first fish of the year may be your best of the year. It is going to be hard to beat that fish, I hope I do, but I would be happy with numbers at this point. I'm still going to try to top that 44.

20. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Way to go, on your best. What a flathead to start off the year. And thanks for sharing the pics.

-Red