New Personal Best

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Bubbafish, May 9, 2007.

1. Bubbafish

Bubbafish New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    HEY YALL I AINT BEEN ON HERE IN LIKE A YEAR PROBLY BUT IM BACK AND I JUST CAUGHT MY PERSONAL BEST! I WAS JUST WONDERIN WE NEVER GOT TO A SCALE TO WEIGH EM I WAS WONDERIN IF ANYONE COULD TELL ME HOW MUCH THEY THINK HE WEIGHED HE WAS JUST SHY OF 60 INCHES LONG THANKS AND IM GLAD TO BE BACK.

2. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Welcome back, Bubbafish. Never caught anything near sixty inches long, so I couldn't tell ya a weight. But that sounds like a heck of a catch. Congrats.

-Red

3. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Got any pics ????

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Comgrats on the PB. A guess would be a pound per inch.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome back and congrats on your PB. I guess the picture would weigh several pounds.:cool2: :big_smile:

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Did you catch him in NC?

If so, you probably had a state record, maybe a new world record.

The former world record Arkansas Blue Catfish was 60" and it weighed 121 pounds.

The current world record blue catfish was 58" and 124 pounds.

So, where is the pic?

7. Bubbafish

Bubbafish New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    i dont know how to post pics i would i dont have many. i measured from my chest in my main pic to the ground cause thats where his tail touched the ground compared to me and we measured him later and he was 57 inches.

how do u post pics in a thread so i can do it.

thanks all

8. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Reply to this post, and use the "Manage Attachments" button below the window you type in. Pick the file from your computer.

Or, you can PM me for my e-mail address and send me the picture and I will post it for you.

Was it a flathead or a blue? The state record flathead was around 52" and weighed 78 pounds.

9. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Just from my personal catches and seeing some really big catfish in my day, I think that one looks a little thin to be a state record but its still a nice fish, congrats.

10. Bubbafish

Bubbafish New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    these are the only pics i got before the batteries died!
    and just know in these pics he looks small but im 6'5" 320lbs. so everything looks small compared to me!

Attached Files:

11. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    This is one I caught that was 46lbs, not as long as yours but a lot fatter, I guess they are like people, some are fat and short and some are skinny and tall LOL

Attached Files:

12. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Well maybe you should go weigh him on a certified scale because if its that long you probably have the state record for sure.

13. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    That's funny!! I have human size folks pose with my big fish, bucks, and trukey. So people can get an idea of how big they really are. I make most game look small...

Rich

14. Bubbafish

Bubbafish New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    i would love to but it was last tuesday and i was so tired we didnt even think to do that so and hes already been fileted out and eaten on so..so much for that and i know im gonna get drilled about that because a lot of eople think those should be let go but we had to bring it back to durham for pictures because we forgot the camera.

15. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Here is another one I caught, I only had a berkley 50lb scale at the time and it buried it, and I didnt have a tape measure. Not sure what it weighed but it felt pretty heavy.

Attached Files:

16. Bubbafish

Bubbafish New Member

State:
    North Carolina

yea all i had was a digital 50 lbs. scale and it wouldnt register anything because it was so heavy.

17. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    You guys are just rubbin' salt in my wounds......dont get many over twenty in my neck of the woods.

18. Bubbafish

Bubbafish New Member

State:
    North Carolina

yea sounds like a good idea ill have to remember that cause that fish does look smaller compared to me. my buddy that went with me couldnt hold him up without him touching the ground. i should have taken his pic with it. he comes up to my shoulder so yea that would have put it more into perspective.

19. Bubbafish

Bubbafish New Member

State:
    North Carolina

we were fishin on the back side of the kerr lake dam and we caught probly 7 over 20 pounds and non under 10lbs. when we went last tuesday. it was the best fishin we have ever had.

20. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    Our state record is only in the mid 30's. No Flatties or blues to speak of just Channels.