New personal best

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by Redd, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Hey guys. Went fishin' the other night at the dam on one of the small rivers I fish. It started off real slow, but suddenly picked up as I hooked onto a pretty nice fish. I brought it up and was pleased with myself to find a nice sized channel and my personal best. As far as channels go anyways. I don't know how much it weighed, because I was too tired to care when I got home with it. But it was 27" long. Wasn't skinny either, and gave me a couple nice fillets. Anybody know about how much he might've weighed, let me in on it if ya would. I just wanted to brag a little bit before I ate him.:big_smile: See ya'll around.

-Red

2. dademoss

dademoss New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the fish, Red. My estimate would be around 8 or 10 lbs , depends on the girth and such, but a nice respectable cat in any case!

3. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Congratulations Redd on the new personnal best. I would agree with dademoss on the weight. However, with the spawn close it could weight a little more, maybe up close to 12lbs if a female.

4. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    congrats on your new personal record:big_smile:

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    congrats, always good feeling when ya beat the biggest one. keep up the great work.

6. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Congratulations! I am still looking for a monster to take a picture with! But then again...so is everybody else. I know, I know....:big_smile:

7. Tarheel

Tarheel New Member

State:
    NC
    Jeremy - Can I join P.E.T.A. ????

8. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Last year we measured a dozen or so channels then ended up averaging 24 inch and being 5.5-6#s They were average fish not fat fish so 8-9#'s seems about right maybe 10.

9. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    I would say in the 10lb range.

:cat:

10. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I side with Dave, approx. 8-14 lbs. Congrats on your personal best.....now, go top that catch!!!

11. finallyright2003

finallyright2003 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congratulations Redd, now go and best your best. By the way, how did your best tatse?:big_smile: