New Personal best Truman Dam

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by jeffjbeard, Jul 9, 2007.

1. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Well went out tonight and around 12:00 my rod took a dive towards the water It was 42 inchs still do not have ascale for the big ones yet:sad2: Caught it on a shad head 7/0 kale hook 20 lb andes line. And I did let this one go to fight again

Attached Files:

2. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Wtg Jeff, Nice Fish he looks like he is plus 20-25 I would guess.

Congrats on also setting a new PB record to beat.

Try the coffey scales there're a sponsor here and I have them and love em, Need to catch something myself to weigh. They did however help weigh a 25lb blue a fellow member here Caught.

here is the link:

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17862.

They sell two types the 110lb and 220lb I like the 220lb But it is a personal preference.

Hope this helps:big_smile:

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Way to go Jeff and congrats on a new personal best and reps. for letting her swim to catch again.

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Congrats on the big fish. And double congrats for the CPR!

I'll second the recommendation for the Coffey scales - I've had mine for about a year and they work great.

5. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Nice fish Jeff, Your having a good run, keep it up.

6. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    Nice fish and thanks for the CPR!

7. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Congrats on the pb and thanks for the cpr. Nobody likes eating cats better than me but those big ones are too much fun catching to kill.

Cheez

8. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    I think they should start rateing Boat motors by CP Catfish Power. She sure did give me a run for my money last night
    :big_smile:

9. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Fishing last night the waves sometimes would break on the rocks and splash me 4 feet up on the shore. Reminded me of when I was a kid and would camp and fish above the Leavenworth campgraounds on the river and a barge would go by but the waves just kept coming like a parade of barges where goin by. Pretty awsome to just get to experence the power that water has sored in its self

10. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Jeff, I take it you were fishing from the bank. How much weight are you useing to hold from there?

11. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Thats a nice fish thanks for the pics.:0a23:

12. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Troy I was over about halfway a little past hlfway to the no boating markers the current over there pretty much goes back towards the dam one rod had 5 oz the other about 3 a 2 once bank sinker and a sinker off a cast net I really liked the cast net sinker above the bank sinker even if it hung up in the rocks you just let up a little aand it would pull right off. the lines seemed to move up and down the river depending on how the current ran also I did not really cast way out maybe 20 yards or so

13. nwbearcat50

nwbearcat50 New Member

State:
    Maryville, Mo.
    Nice fish Jeff! Conrgrats on your PB.
    Thanks for the CPR.

14. unclebill85

unclebill85 New Member

State:
    Lee's Summit, Missouri
    Thanks for sharing the PICS and a bigger thanks for letting that fish live to fight another day! My 3 year old will be thankful someday :wink: