New Personal Best out of Chickamauga Lake

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Cheez, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    We had another stellar day fishing Chickamauga Lake today. Over 30 fish caught including a new PB of 32.4 pound blue for me and a fat 16 pounder safely released. All fish were caught on skipjack and redhorse suckers cut in 20 to 50 feet of water. I fished with EricM and he got the pics on his camera.

Cheez

2. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Congrats on the new pb! Wish mine wasn't only half the size...:crazy: lol.

-Red

3. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Way ta go John, looks like you and Eric had a blast out there today. Judy and I will try the nuke plant out one of these days soon. Congratulations buddy.

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Good fish there john. You and eric keep sore mouthing those old big blues and enjoy every min. Of it.:smile2:

5. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Cheez, congrats on your personal best, keep with it and you should be able to top that a couple more times this year. I hear there are some monster blues in that stretch of water.

6. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Way to go Cheez. Sounds like you guys had a great night. Congrats on your new PB!

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats John on that new PB. Sounds like you have it all figured out. Now go break that PB again.:big_smile:

8. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Yes Mickey I plan to break the pb a couple more times this year. I have always been a meat fisherman but I have caught over 500 pounds of eaters so far. No need for meat now so I will go to bigger baits and get the bigger fish. The area I fish yielded over 20 fish in the 40 to 100 pound range last summer and fall. It's just a matter of time.:big_smile:

Cheez

9. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    If you all see Drc3 (Daniel Cox) out there on Chickamauga, he is a BOC member from Cleveland,Tn. and usually does very good there. He has been MIA on the BOC for awhile.

10. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Harrison TN
    Name:
    Eric Maurer
    Drc3 has been MIA here on a local forum too. He's still fishing some, but I think he's been working a lot. Hope to hear more from him, he's a good catter!

11. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Harrison TN
    Name:
    Eric Maurer
    Here's a pic of Cheez and his fish!

Attached Files:

12. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Ok folks I said I was going to get some more new personal best fish this year and today was the day for the first one. A nice 39 pound blue caught on frozen skipjack in the heat of the day on Lake Chickamauga.

Attached Files:

13. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Great fish Cheez, congrats on the new PB.:big_smile_2::0a23:

14. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Way ta go buddy, that is one fine fish. I can say one thing, you deserved to catch that fish as hot as it was out there today. Congratulations!

15. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    congrats on the new PB John.

16. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Yes that's right the blues keep coming and they are getting bigger. Went out again today and got a 44 pounder. Hot windy day but the cats were smokin'. We caught a 44,20 17,15, a couple in the 10 pound range and some small eaters. Big fish were released to fight again.
    Here are the pics of my 44 and my buddy Spurhunter's 20 which by the way is a pb for him.

Cheez

Attached Files:

17. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Harrison TN
    Name:
    Eric Maurer
    Nice going guys! Sorry I couldn't meet you out there, my wife had homework for me.

18. Spurhunter

Spurhunter New Member

State:
    TN
    Eric, you gotta stop all that work! Cheez is a great guide, and I had a ball. I know my 20lb aint much compaired to a 44, but I will get one like that soon!

19. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    The one you broke off today was most likely a LOT bigger.:smile2:

20. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Cheez, there is no stoppin you now, before the summer is over you are going to haul in that 100 pounder (old George). I know Spurhunter had a blast out there today also. Congratulations again to you both.

By the way Erik, welcome to the BOC buddy.