New personal best largemouth

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by steve_b124, Apr 24, 2008.

1. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Just got back from Tennessee. Caught a 11.3 pound largemouth Tuesday morning. I can't believe it, but I actually talked myself into releasing her. She was in 2' of water and appeared to be bedding or going on the bed. We were fishing Cherokee in eastern Tennessee. I only caught 2 that day, but the big momma made up for numbers.

Also fished Monday, but it was a slow day, also. We caught 5 or 6, dad had a 4+ largemouth and I had a 3+ pound smallmouth. May not have caught a boat load, but enjoyed quality time with dad. His health is failing and I cherish time with him.

It took 50 years to get this one, I don't have another 50 years for the next one! Time to get back to serious catfishing!

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Those sound like really nice bait,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I mean fish! Thanks for the post and keep up the good fishing.

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    How much bait can you get from an eleven pound largemouth? :wink:

Good job on the CPR. :wink:

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Steve thats a fish to be proud of !! Congrats and thanks for sharing.

-Jim-

5. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    GREAT FISH STEVE, that's a Big bass for tennessee waters trully a trophy> Sounds like you and dad had a great time.

6. riverosa

riverosa New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thats in my back door, you expect large bass like that from nearby Douglas lake but rare on Cherokee.
    Nice catch

7. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey I would like to congradulate you on the 11 pound plus bass sounds like that was one heck of a fish and put up a great fight, I bet it was tough to throw it back but look on the brite side you may catch him again next year and he may weigh more than that, thnk you for the info and good luck on future fishing trips to come.