New personal best from Chicamauga

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by mmarcum6, Jul 21, 2009.

1. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    I went out yesterday and caught a few cats with a 7# and 9# topping the day and it was a nice day.

I went out today and topped me PB actually I shattered my PB of 10# with a 38# Blue caught on a large shiner at the nuclear plant. I'm trying to attach a photo so lets see if it works.

Attached Files:

2. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thats a hell of a fish, congrats.

3. gruffy911

gruffy911 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thats a nice fish there Mark. Thats alot better than I did today just up the river from you at Blyth Ferry. I only got one fish this morning about 5#. Was it slow for you today except for the big fish?

4. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    Nice fish! Congrats on your new PB. I'll see you out there one day! Eric (blue Stratos, white johnson, white bait tank)

5. preshrd3cpy

preshrd3cpy New Member

State:
    Calhoun,Tennessee
    very nice great fish

6. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Gruffy it was a catch of a lifetime brother. The bite had been slow with one fish caught at noon then at noon thirty that brute didn't bite it hit and ran. I now have a nice old spinning reel which is destined for the trophy case as this fish striped the drag out of it. I finished this figh by holding the spool and taking up slack with some mean reeling in between

7. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    Near a nuclear power plant huh?:tounge_out: just kidding nice one:cool2:

8. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Eric M with a white head and a round waist line.
    Mark glad to see you getting to fish. I will as soon as I get this cataract off my eye.

9. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Very nice fish..That one big fish makes it all worth it in the end..Congrats on your new PB...

10. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Thanks everyone for the congrats. I guess it was just a matter of time and finally getting to put in some decent time on the water. Eric my ride is a blue over white center console with a black bimini top and mercury pusher. I have been looking for you and puddlejumper when I go up to the nuke. Thanks again everyone! Will this let me walk the halls with the big boys or do I need to trash my other cat pole first? LOL

11. bigsoddy

bigsoddy New Member

State:
    tennessee
    nice one congratulations

12. lookingforthebigone

lookingforthebigone New Member

State:
    illinois
    looking to move to pigeon forge/ gatlinburg area was woundering if anybody could tell me where to get in to catfishing or catfishing tournaments and nice fish also

13. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Congrats on your new PB. Thats one nice fish.

14. festus

festus New Member

Mark, what kind of shiner did you catch it on? A shiner you bought at a bait shop or one you caught yourself? I have a creek in my background with the common shiners in it, they're not very hardy in a bait bucket in this time of year, but I use them in late winter/early spring/fall. These shiners are a silvery color, usually about 4" to 6" long, a little bigger than the ones in the bait shops. I'm wondering if anyone sells golden shiners around Tennessee, you know, the ones that bass fishermen in Florida and the deep south like to use.

Thanks again for the photos and story.

15. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    festus the trick to keeping shiners alive is to make sure and keep the water very cool and well oxyginated. I usually buy mine at a little bait shop, but grew up catching them. They really are easy to maintain if you do what I said above. You also have to keep the water clean. Change it a couple of times daily. I would think that the creek shiners would be a little more lively due to the environment they are raised in with the current. Where are you in Tenn?

16. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Mark? You're already walking the halls with the big boys. Me and Bob! LOL Very nice fish there. Bout time you got one like that. I hope you catch many, many more. And whatever you do, don't let EricM measure it. LOL I hear he has a heck of way of measuring things. LOL

17. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Go get em Hoss! :smile2::wink:

18. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Buddy, that is one fine hog you got there, felt like reeling in a live anchor with your pole didn't it? We are tickled for you Mark, you deserved that nice one.

If you plan to follow in EricM's foot steps, you got to fall out of the boat quite a few times and tear your boat up yet. LOL (sorry Eric, I couldn't help myself):big_smile_2:

19. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    I don't think I'm big enough to go up against Eric, but I'm sure as heck going to try LOL. An as far as walking with a couple of big boys I'll walk with you and Bob anytime Bryan. I'm trying to find new drag washers for the old reel and then I'm going to give it to Lori and see if she can best me. We went out yesterday and she didn't catch a fish. I caught three a 3, 7, and 9 pounder. I got one real good run but it got off I would guess maybe 12 to 15 based on how hard he was pulling but its hard to tell.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009