New personal best for me

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Montgomery, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    well i only caught 2 fish today . in say 2 hours. but 2 nicest i have caught . i only managed to really catch and release 1. i know the old stories the one that got away. that no one beleives. well call it what you want . catch or no catch. i hooked him. brought him in . i didn't have a net. got him up on shore he rolled over a few times. and got unhooked. and rolled into the gravlepite. but he was over 24 inches long. and really fat. i wold guess between 7 and 9 pounds. i would say 3 times bigger then the one i got the picture. of. nowi know 2 fish one only 2 or 3 pounds. and one medium sized one . that i didn't even get to tuch. isn't much on your alls personel best leval. but in my case it was great. i have cuaght 3 at once beofore . but not this big. and i always seem to catch 2 or 3 . all at once like with in 15 minutes of each other. then nothing . oh well . good day for my . just wanted to share

Attached Files:

2. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    hay dont feel bad.i fished 6 hours today and never got a bite.congrats on your p b it only gets better as you go along.thanks for sharing.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice fish, congrats on your catches.

4. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Thats close enough to be considered caught. after all if you touch your leader when marlin fishing its a capture so why not beaching a cat?

5. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    man at least now i'm catching some fish. i was going to stop fishing . now went 2 times 4 fish missed one. only have about 4 hours of fishing time in . its a start and its getting better. this time next year my personal may be some crazy number or big weight. i dont know . i really needed this web site.

6. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Good job Mike!!! Don't get discouraged by the enormous fish you see on this site. It took me probably 7 years of hard catfishing to catch a fish like what you're talking about today. A 9 pounder? That's a darn nice channel cat, and I don't care who you are. Hold your head high, amigo. You're in the fish now, so go wear 'em out. :cool2:

BTW, thanks for posting the pictures. That's a good lookin' cat.

7. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Mike, CONGRATS guy!!!!

:smile:

8. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Congrats Mike. Nice fish.

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Mike, Ive never caught anything over 10lbs and Im still trying heck even my wife is still letting me buy tackle :big_smile: to catch the bigguns. Hopefully at the Gathering this year I can get something that is a little sizable but if not Ill still have fun just sitting there watching my line and BSing with whomever.

10. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Mike,
    Thats a great catch! Heck I haven't even been able to get out yet due to the weather. I'm for nice weather this week end , and I'll give it a try.
    Sparky

11. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Nice job. I am glad you decided not to quit. You just never know.............

12. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    Nice fish mike gongrata. Way to go keep on plugging away you will get the big one.:smile2:

13. Wyocatman

Wyocatman New Member

State:
    Centralia, Illinois
    Congrats on the pb. Great pics. And like Mickey says, youll never know what the next cast will bring. Hope your havin a blast

dru

14. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    Chesterfield South Carolina
    Congrats on the fish now keep at it and don't give up.

15. catman849

catman849 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    haha about losing that fish my buddy teases me with the same story but i tell him that it only counts if you got him in. but in all seriousness i hope the best of luck to you and that you can catch one twice as big next time and hopefully i will to im over do for a fish over 15lbs.

16. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Those are some nice cats Mike congrats on your PB!!!

17. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats!!! I'm glad you are sticking with it! Nobody quits fishing. I fished all morning, and never got a bite. And don't worry about another guy's big fish. Just stick with it, and try different tecniques, and locations, and eventually all the variables will be in your favor, and wham a monster.

18. TnShooter

TnShooter New Member

State:
    E. Tennessee
    Nice catch.
    You'll catch bigger, but only if the line is in the water.

19. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    Hey excellent job that sounds like a good day of fishing to me, trust me right now I would do just about anything just for the chance to catch one like that. keep up the good work. :big_smile:

20. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Nice catch, and invite me for dinner.