New Pc

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ace, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    I have not been on the BOC for a few days I was working on a new computer for my self my wife and I have been using the old one since 1998 it is a custom built Aopen brand it only has a 300 MHZ CPU with 384 MB of ram.

My wife bought me an Biostar p4m800 pro-M7 motherboard with an Intel Celeron D 351 3.20 GHz/256KB Cache/533MHz FSB/OEM/775/Processor and 256 mb ram I will up grade the ram when I get the money it will hold 2 gig of ram.
    She also bought me an HP dvd840i Super Multi DVD Writer with Lightscribe and double Layer it also will burn a CD and lightscribe what ever info you wish on the other side .I got finished to day building the PC I had to get my email up and running.This is the first one I have built for my self.I installed Windows XP Home Edition on it seems to be runing great.It sure is good to be back on the BOC. :look_down:

:cat:

2. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Merry Christmas to you and your wife Ace. Ive been wondering where you've been glad to see you back on!!!

3. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    ummm.....all that looked like greek to me....but Im glad that your up and running again. :lol:

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Missed your posts.Hope you had a Merry Christmas and the New year is a prosperous one for you and your family!:big_smile:

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Ace I don't know what you said but, it sounds expensive. When it comes to computers I am a "fish good, fire hurt" kind of guy, lol. Congrats on the new cpu.

6. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Sounds like a pretty solid PC, Ace. It's fun to build your own computer. I have found here lately that I can buy one cheaper than I can order the parts for, and build myself.

Glad your back with us again my friend. Hope you had a Merry Christmas..

7. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Ace

Merry Christmas on your new PC!!

I too am building one that fire right up. Its kinda like having a custom rod built for you or by you.

I like to play the games and have been wanting a new pc for YEARS.

e6400 CPU, GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 motherboard, Corsair XMS2-6400C4 memory and a ASUS 1950PRO vid card.

8. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    congrats on the new pc ace hope you enjoy it

9. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Ace, that sounds great. I'm like Benji, what you said brother, it must be good. I can tell you when I lived in eastern Okla. in the wilderness, I had dial up, and I mean SLOW. I could turn it on and make a pot of coffee and it might be ready. Now I have hi-speed for the first time. and like Steve said, this IS better than a custom rod.
    You all have a blessed new year. Congrats on the new P C Ace

10. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    That should make your puter run better and faster. Welcome back.
    Bill

11. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    Brother Tom I know what you mean about dial up I use to be on dial up but we changed over 3 years back to Carolina Roadrunner Cable it the fastest hook up around these parts.

:look_down:

12. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    Sounds Really nice But What do I know for A Catman

13. Myname

Myname New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Glad to have you back with us, but, could you repeat all the above in English, please.:smile2:

Have a nice day.

14. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    James,

pretty much he said, I got a sweet running new computer that kicks tail...lol

15. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hope your happy with the new set up.Glad to see you back..

16. bigun12

bigun12 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Amen to ALL of that. It IS cheaper to buy one from a major manufacturer these days but I just cannot bring myself to do that. (In my lifetime I have bought two ready mades. A Tandy 1000A and a Compac Prolinea which is still in operation elsewhere.) I LIKE knowing EXACTLY what is inside the machine and I guess that will always be the case with me.

17. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Ace, nothing like building your own PC. You control your computer's destiny and are no longer a slave to propritariness. No more special high priced ram or case special computer cases that limit your upgrading abilities.

I just got through replacing an ailing hard drive on mine over Christmas and adding another gig of dual channel ram. I'm working on getting 4 gigs of dual channel ram slotted in this creation.:big_smile:

18. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Way to go Ace.I'm happy for You and the Misses.But You Really Lost Me when You started talking all that Teckno Nurd stuff about gigs,ram,hard drives and the rest of that stuff,I have a hard time hooking up the string on My tin can telephohe when it breaks.LOL.J.D.
    :beat_plaster: :big_smile_2: :baffle: :0a17: :0a18: :0a5: :0a32:

19. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    Brother Earl I have built a few PC for other people but this is the first new one that I have built for my self. I find lot of old PCs at the thrift stores I like bring the home and putting them back in running order I let people have them cheap. I enjoy that it like making and old car run.

:look_down:

20. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    Brother Mark sounds like you have a great setup I working on getting 2 gigs of ram for the one I built.I don't like the way all the new store bought computer's are set up. Different computer's manufacturers use restore disc to setup the new computer's they have a lock on the owners.

I like to Fdisk and Format my on hard drive then install what version of Windows I like then install all my software it gives me more control over my system.

:big_smile_2: