New PBs for the Wife and I

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by arkrivercatman, Sep 7, 2008.

1. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    We went on a vacation to kill time until the gathering and we had a great time. First we were off to fish the Mo with Branden and then off to the Kaw to fish with Gary. Fishin was slow on the Mo but we still managed to boat a 12 lber. Forgot to take a picture of him. Then we went and fished the Kaw and had a great night of fishin. 6 fish for a total of about 102 lbs with 2 new PBs. First Gary caught a nice blue in the mid 20s and then Ashley caught a 17 pound blue. Her first ever, man was she excited.:smile2: Then we got into some smaller channels so we moved and around 2 am the rod went down and I caught a 10 lb blue on Ashleys pole.:smile2: She fell asleep so it was fair game. That fish was a blessing in disguise because as soon and we got him in the boat my rod went down and started peelin drag. The water was pretty shallow so he made a big splash about 30 feet behind the boat. After a few minutes of tug of war he was in the boat. 46 pounds and LONG. I didnt even think about measurin him. Took some pics and put them back. Im glad that we woke Ashley up in time to get some of the fight on film, thats what the 10 lber was for.:smile2: It was a great night of fishin. Too bad the next night wasnt as good, By then the cold front was in full swing and all we managed was some small channels. But like I always say,"if we were fishin for food, we wouldnt have starved".:smile2: Then it was off to Tuttle for the gathering. The whole trip was a blast and one that will be hard to top.

Attached Files:

2. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    A few more pics...

Attached Files:

3. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Congrats to you and the Mrs. we were wondering when you was goin to spill the beans. Those are some good lookin blues Kyle.:wink:

4. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    By the way, we had a great time fishin with Branden and Gary, They are some great guys and they showed us a great time. Even if we wouldnt have caught fish we would have still had an awesome time. Thanks again.

5. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Congrats on the PB Cats for you and the Mrs. Nice looking fish and thanks for sharing the pics. Great job and reps to you! Way to go Kyle!!:wink:

6. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    Another real nice fish Kyle, congrats. I think I recognize that bridge in the background of the picture titled "double channels" if it was on the Kaw. I fished it once in early spring, March maybe, and went back to fish it a month or two later but the water was too high and couldn't get on it. I've been wanting to get back up there. I fished it with cut bait in early spring and did well, the big boys didn't come out to play but we caught a lot of little ones. I've heard good things about its flat head population and I would love to target them with live bait.

7. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    WOW Sounds like some great fishing. Congrats to you and your wife on your new PB.

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Congratulations to the two of you on the PB! Sounds like a really fun trip.

9. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Congrats Kyle. Awesome blue !!! Im sure your dad would have been proud. :big_smile: Congrats to Ashley too on her new PB. :big_smile:

10. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i really dont like you 2 no more:angry:

11. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Kyle Congrats On Your New PB Blue And Wonderful Trip. Also Tell Ashley Congrats Aswell On Her New PB Blue:smile2::wink:

12. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Kyle, Congrats again to you and Ashley on your catches! I enjoyed meeting and fishing with you guys, come up again any time.

13. Catfish Quiver

Catfish Quiver Member

State:
    Ks, w, edg
    Way to go Kyle & Ashley those are some great fish, you two done good.

14. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Great trip. Congrats on the new PBs!
    Bill in SC

15. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    nice going kyle on the big one :smile2:

16. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    congrats to both of ya,those are some nice fish

17. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Kyle way to go, that is one long Blue. I can not beleive that the three of you kept it in the bag till last night. I'll tell you what Gary is finding some nice ones this year. He is the man to go out with if you want to catch or see a big one.

18. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Looks like a real good day at the office congrads on th PB's

19. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Congrats on your PS for you two.

Sounds like you had a great vacation with some great people and some great fishing.

Thanks for sharing the video with me of the catch of that big blue.

20. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Congrats on you and your wifes nice fish. Thanks for sharing.