New PB!

Discussion in 'NORTH DAKOTA RIVERS TALK' started by Ghosth, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Ghosth

Ghosth New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    Was fishing with my normal fishing partners, my wife cindy, and our good friend Sheila in a city park in Fargo ND. About 6:00 Sat evening,I had one rod baited for carp farther out, and one close to the bank with a chunk of cut sucker on it. The rod with the cut bait did a slow pull, release, then I saw lots of slack. I picked it up the line tightened up, so I set the hook and knew instantly that I was into a good one. Started out slow and I just slowly started lifting it up. When it got close to the surface right in front of me it woke up, left a huge boil, and proceeded to scream line from my reel.

Out and back, up and down, twice tried to get to a down tree, twice turned just before it could reach it. I sat there in my chair laughing and grinning.

My fishing partners freaked when they saw how big it was. My wife cindy is standing at the bank with the net. When he comes up and rolls right at her feet she squealed, dropped the net and jumped back. "I'm not going to try to net that monster, give me your rod, YOU net it". No no no no no, ok forget it, sit down I'll get him in.

So I just sat there in my chair laughing like a crazy man and played him to a standstill. Then slid his nose up on the mud and eventually was able to slip the net up on him from behind and hoist him up the bank.

13 pounds even on my new Berkley 0-50 scale.

New personal best that I can say for certain how much it weighed. Certainly the best for me so far this year. And if not bigger than cats I've caught in days gone by at least AS big as any I've caught.

Its been a while coming but it was worth the wait. :)

Sharing it with my fishing partners just made it that much sweeter. We'll laugh for years about this one I think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Congrats on the new PB and thanks for the great pictures.

3. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    sweeeeeet!!!!! congrats on your PB , thanx's for share'n:cool2::cool2:

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Congrats and thanks for the pics. Enjoyed the story. LOL

5. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Congrats on the PB Channel Cat. Nice fish for sure. You should try the Red River in the Grand Forks area. You could possible break that record in 1 outing. From watching the Catfishing America show on the Sportmans Channel, the Red River has some huge channel cats in it!:big_smile::big_smile:

6. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Nice PB there Bill. I bet the women were excited to see that beauty.:big_smile:
    Thanks for the story. Now with that new scale you have no choice but to break your PB, after all you gotta weigh it right. Thats half the fun of it.:wink:

7. LUNKERCAT

LUNKERCAT New Member

State:
    north dakota
    loved the story. I too fish the red river and my wife loves to fish there as well. your wife will come around and enjoy netting those monsters.
    lunkercat

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Bill thanks for sharing the story and pics. Congrats on the new PB. Nice fish.

9. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville