New PB

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by jconna, Aug 17, 2008.

1. jconna

jconna New Member

State:
    PA
    Well, I needed a good night of fishing!! Went creek wading on Friday and picked up some sunfish, rock bass, and fallfish. Not sure if the fallfish need more room to swim around or what but they didn't make it till the next day? Everything else stayed in good shape though. Lake fishing on Saturday for blue-gill and ended up with a little over 50 baitfish overall. Trying to hit fifty took us alot longer than expected though so we didn't make it off the water until 7:30, and we still had to run back home for our equip...Loaded the boat up, pulled out and didn't go more that 100 yards and one of the trailor tires blew out. :angry: Didn't have a spare so unhooked it, left my neighbor with the boat and sped off to Bass Pro to buy a new one. Half hour each way and $70.00...Ouch!! This was already turning into a long day and we didn't end up finally getting on the water until around 11:00. First couple of hours were really slow but things turned around and ended up making it all worthwhile. Between my neighbor and I.....I pulled in a 28 (My new PB), 25, 15, and a bunch of dinks.....Neighbor pulled in a 27, 20, and a few dinks. I missed a few nice runs but overall....Had a very good night considering before last week, I hadn't even broke 20#....Actually picked up a digital cam so here's a few pics of my 28....

002.jpg 007.jpg 008.jpg

2. jconna

jconna New Member

State:
    PA
    Not sure what happened to the exposure on these?

002.jpg 005.jpg

3. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    NICE !!! congrats on the PB , thanx's for share'n .

4. jconna

jconna New Member

State:
    PA
    Neighbor's biggest fish of his life.....All he talked about all night...:cool2:

002.jpg 004.jpg 008.jpg

5. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    congrats on the new pb.

6. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Congrats on your PB. Glad to see someone catching some fish.

7. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Nice work Jeff. That fish looks bigger than 28 lbs. Might be that big head on it. By the way, I wish that i could even get a dink out here. I'd be satisfied with it!

8. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    congratulations on a new PB Flathead Catfish.

9. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Congrats on your PB.:cool2:

10. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Nice fish and congrats on your new PB

11. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Congrats Jeff on the PB Flathead! :cool2: Nice job turning a bad evening into a real good one! :big_smile:

12. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a real nice time on the water, congrats and good luck in the future

13. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Jeff. congrats on that fish and the good night of fishing. don't forget to put your two big ones in the east vs west thread. two points in one night, that is impressive.

14. Romo

Romo New Member

State:
    PA
    Nicely done. Couldn't buy a bite on the skook last night!

15. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    CONGRATS on your new PB Flathead Catish!!!!!!!

:003:

16. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    Jeff when I took you fishin and you got your 1st flatty I could have taken you anywhere average,I took you to my best spot under 1 condition and only 1 condition. We had an agreement to stay out of my spot. Its a free river but we had an agreement.I will never take another BOC member out again or make another post here:0a6:. It just goes to show you cant trust anyone. I did everything I could to help you and you betray me like this. See you on the river:eek:oooh:

17. jconna

jconna New Member

State:
    PA
    Hey Joe...I am going to reply only once to that statement and then regardless of what you come back with, I will be done with this subject. It's not my intention to be starting problems with fellow BOC members as I think that we’re all a really good group Nor was it my intention to have an issue with you after you took me out. I will admit that yes....I stupidly agreed to your request that I stay out of the hole that you were going to take me to. I admit that...What you didn't tell me before hand was that there really aren't any other truly decent holes in the area. It's mostly all 3 to 4 foot water and you knew that before ever bringing up that request. That was a pretty selfish request and all that I can say is that I still did my best to abide by what I said. I tried launching at wrightsville and it was so shallow I couldn't even run my motor. I launched where you showed me (which I would have tried myself anyway), and hit everywhere but your hole..All the areas along the rocks and the pretty much everywhere in between. Out of all of that area, there are only a few small areas to hit and none of them once turned up any decent action on multiple attemts. So I was speaking to someone coming off the water one night when launching my boat and we got to talking--but I told him nothing of your spot!! I played stupid when he brought up that I should try the deep section and then proceeded to tell me exactly how to get to it. Again...you or not (I would have ended up there anyway). Seriously....I didn’t mean to get you all worked up but you need to get it through your head that it's not your fault I ended up there.....You're right that it is a free river, and regardless of what you seem to think, your spot isn't exactly a secret to anyone who fishes the area! Everyone else seems to know about it, why should I stay out of it? We're just lucky at the moment that most fisherman who frequent that launch are bass fisherman. So to put it all in one statement. As far as I'm concerned after scouring the whole area, it was bullshit of you to ask me to stay out of a hole when it's the only decent hole in the area. Why even bother taking me? How in the hell did you expect me to abide by that request? I would have gladly done so if I was having luck anywhere else but you knew ahead of time that wasn't really possible. At least not with any frequency...You do have those other opportunities and I have seen you take them with that new jet boat of yours. Unfortunately I can't make it where you go (even though again...It wouldn't have taken you to show me that area if I could because I know how to look at google maps too). I've been wanting to try it from the first time I looked at the maps. Anytime a river takes practically a 90 degree turn, there are going to be some deep undercuts and some slower pools somewhere nearby. Wow, that was hard to figure out! Now you're a good fisherman and I respect you for that....And good for you that you can get to areas that I can't, but don't come on here acting like I’m stealing your best hole because I've been setting in that hole on nights when I saw your truck in the parking lot and have not seen you once. Then you come on here and post the next day about your 32 lb catches. The hole damn river isn't yours and don't come on here again and question my moral character. You have a problem with something that I do, feel free to take it up with me any way you want, but not on the open board where everyone needs to deal with it. End of subject.....

18. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    It saddens me to read the 2 above posts!!! :sad2:

19. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Guys, lets calm down. Each of you get a BOC star, and count to 3. :smile2:

20. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Easy guys!

If you take someone fishing with you, that's the chance you gotta take.

But then again, and man's word is his WORD!