New PB!!

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by BKS72, Aug 2, 2008.

1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Eric, Joe and I finally got on the water around 7:30 this evening. We caught some perch for bait before we left, but I decided it was too hot to throw the net for shad at the lake, so I figured we'd just get a carp in the boat once we hit the river.

2 hours, many net throws, and no carp later our bait consists of 8 live perch and one gar about 16" long.

We finally set up on a spot and I throw 2 pieces of cut gar and a gill out. About 15 minutes later one of the gar rods takes a bump, then lays down and starts giving line like it's cool.

I get the rod out of the holder (took awhile, the fish had it pinned in pretty good) and start hollering for Eric to wake up and get the net ready. I hadn't extended the handle yet, so it was still sitting folded up in the front of the boat. Meanwhile, this fish is acting like he's late for an appointment in Waverly. I finally get him turned and start gaining on him.

Eric is sleeping like the dead, so finally Joe runs to the front of the boat and kicked him. Eric finally wakes up and gets the net ready.

The fish gets beside the boat and rolls and Eric decided there was no way he was getting near it with the net:smile2: The three of us somehow manage to get the fish netted without any of us going overboard or me stepping on a kid and when I get it in the boat, it's the biggest fish I've ever seen in person. I've been putting off buying a decent scale, so I don't know what he weighed, but I'm sure he puts my previous best of 70# in the shade.

He did get even with me, though. While I was picking him up to get him out of the net he thrashed real good and I got the hook in the end of my right middle finger. It went in and out and in the process basically turned the end of my finger inside out.

I ripped of a piece of my shirt and tied it up (I was bleeding like a pig) and got some pics and turned him loose. I'd like to know what he weighed, but I'm guessing between 75 and 85. Anyway, thanks for listenin' and enjoy the pix.:big_smile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    Man that is nice, you should be real happy with that one. Answers my question a while back about using gar for bait, too. Now go take care of that boo-boo. Congratulations on the PB Blue. I am so jealous.:crazy::big_smile::smile2::confused2:

3. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    THAT IS A HOG BEAST!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS BRANDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is a huge fish buddy. I know you are a big guy and that fish still looks monstrous. Way to go on catching a giant. I guess Joe finally got to see a big fish.:smile2: I can't even give you trouble about Eric catching that fish right now, I am still taken back by the shear size of that fish. Way to go buddy, and reps for the release and letting the fish feel like he got even.

4. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Thanks guys! It was a blast getting him in. Joe was pretty happy about seeing the "giant fish" as he calls it:smile2: Him and Eric both thought it was pretty cool. Crazy thing is we only fished for about an hour. We caught that one and after we got him released and re-baited the kids decided it was time to go home. I was having some doubts about being able to do anythng if we got another one one handed also, so we called it a night. I don't want to be dog tired for me an Tom's trip tomorrow night, either. My doctor's office is open from 9 to noon in the morning so I think I may go in and have him throw a stitch or two in my finger. :big_smile:

That was the fattest fish I've ever seen. You can see Joe holding his nose in the one picture. I don't know which end of that fish the big puddle on the deck came out of but man did it reek:smile2: Shawna made me take a shower and throw my clothes in the garage before she'd help me get my finger cleaned up and bandaged:smile2:

5. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I didn't see the fish in person but he looks as big as Cuz's replica, that is still in my garage and that fish was 94. Man that is one he!! of a fish.

6. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I was just looking at pix of him beside the 70# from last year and he's WAY more obese than him:wink:

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is one great looking fish, congrats on the new PB

8. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    :crazy::crazy::crazy: Man what a PIG!

Are ya gonna break down and buy a scale now?

9. Fishking

Fishking Member

State:
    KC, MO
    Name:
    Andrew
    Awesome fish Branden, Now get a scale!!

10. Blake Waterworth

Blake Waterworth New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Branden that thing is a pig!!!:big_smile::big_smile: That is the biggest fish I have ever seen! YOU ROCK!!

11. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Congratulations Branden. Hell of a fish. :big_smile:

12. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Out standin! Now that rite there is a fish!:crazy:

13. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Way to go Branden, that is one awesome fish... Congrats

14. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Congrats Branden On The Monster Blue Cat He Is A Hellava PIG:smile2:.

Maybe Gar Are Good For Something After All:wink:.

15. jedimanhunter

jedimanhunter New Member

State:
    Texas
    Awsome catch, Thanks for sharing. You make the rest of us want to get a line in the water.

16. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    damn Branden guess I should have taken Your invite last night......Darn it!!! Thats a big ole pig for sure.

17. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Branden - Berkley is making a 100# digital scale and you can get it from Catfish Connection for $70. What a fish! Congrats!

18. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Yeah-what everybody else said! What a fish Branden! Would love to know what it weighed, but that sure is a hog.

19. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    WOW!!!!!!!! that is one huge hog congrats!!!!!

20. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Very nice fish! You're right about him getting even with you. Make sure you take care of that.

BTW, did you let one rip in that fourth picture. Little man was pinching his nose awful hard. :smile2: