New PB

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Mrs Okie, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois
    Scott and I went out last night and I will admit that I once again beat him fishing. I caught 2 little flatheads and a 24 lb blue. Now this damn Okie that I am married to, NEVER EVER goes anywhere without a camera, but I guess from an earlier conversation on this board regarding capturing fishing hazards on camera and that I MIGHT mention him being less than perfect while executing a nut roll, we didn't have a camera in the boat. As I was holding my fish, I had him get my phone out of my pocket and he did manage to capture an image, altho it is pretty distorted. I might mention that while I was bringing this fish it, my net man got my weight hung up in the net and rather than cut the dang sinker off (and losing his $$) he took the time to untangle it while I am trying to hold the fish. After a few kind words, we did manage to get MY biggest fish yet into the boat. I'm going to Bluff City today and buy him some more weights so if that ever happens again, he will not feel compelled to spend time untangling a mess. He had quite a photo shoot when he caught his big fish and I only have a little blip on a screen. I was proud of the fact that this is the first time that we were on the river without a "guide" and we did manage to catch some fish.

Mrs Okie:big_smile:

2. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Congrats Phyllis!!! You mean to tell me that Scott actually may have picked up a few things by going out with a couple of us??!! :crazy::crazy:

3. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good job Mrs. Okie!! I hope they just keep getting bigger and bigger for you!

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Congrats Mrs Okie. Thats a 'Dandy' :smile2: and YOU ARE OFF THE SKUNKMASTER LIST :smile2::wink:

5. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Hey Cuz I need to text you a couple of pics an I need you to email them or post them on the board for me if you will. The quality is pretty poor and apparently I can't take pics either. Just one of the many things that I can't do right.

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I beginning to think there was a mistake in the recent name change for you two.

Perhaps it should have been:

Phyllis = Okie
    Scott = Okie's Net Man

:eek:oooh::crazy::wink:

Congratulations

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I can do that. Just send em to gatewaycats@yahoo.com and I'll see what I can do.

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats on your PB. Sounds as if ya'll have become a force to be reckoned with. Scott, it sounds like you may need some remedial courses in net boi.:wink: Good thing is Phyllis said she was buyin you more tackle so your still a winner. Sounds like ya'll enjoyin yourself and that what really matters most.

9. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats on the new PB Phyllis, does Scott catch your bait for you:smile2::smile2: You guys stay safe and keep sticking 'em!!!

10. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Cuz I sent one by text Message. I can't get them off the phone. I don't have one of them thar fancy high tech phones like you and Rat. I am trying to get the phone connect by blue tooth to the computer but not having much luck. I need one of the grands here so they can get the pics off the phone.

Oh Mrs Okie for got to mention that she decided that we needed another rod and reel so she loosened up the purse strings a little and we picked up a new Surge Elite and a Abu 7000 I c3 reel. Then she took it out and slimed it last night...

11. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    A warm Congrats Phyllis.

12. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I don't know what your doing Scott, but don't change a thing. New surge rod and 7000.:crazy: Does Phyllis have any sisters? Not sure how my current wife would look at this but i want some new rods too.:smile2: Perhaps you could drop me a few tips in exchange for some no-rolls and bank sinkers.

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO

I cant think of a better way to break in new gear than a nice coat of slime. You guys broke in my new Power Pro with several fish and your 53 pound PIG so it now has good juju for the remainder of 2009. :cool2:

14. screamn'reel

screamn'reel New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Way to go Phyllis!!! Go get'm girl.

15. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Congrats on the PB!

16. shawn 314

shawn 314 New Member

State:
    st. louis
    WTG Mrs Okie keep em coming mayb Mr Okie will catch on to you method of rigging up your bait are you hole style. In that case i need to watch cuz i been SKUNKED the last 6 or 7 times i've been out this year i'm on the verge of threwing in the towel on fishing for the year :embarassed::confused2::angry:

17. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois
    That is a fact. Before he went out with some of you guys, he was a real green horn. Thanks for the schooling.

Mrs. Okie

18. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois
    It is good to be off the list. There is a couple more list that I am sure I am still at the top.

19. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    Way to go Mrs Okie on yor PB,
    Nice rod reel upset, you like mine well enough to get one :wink:

20. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois
    That will work!!