New PB Worst Day Ever!

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by tbull, Dec 27, 2009.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Today sucked, we fished maybe an hour all together out of an 8 or 9 hour day...That river was about as rough as I have ever seen it. I love weather men dont you?:big_smile:.....Needless to say, try again next time, I honestly dont think I could have done anything different, man it was howling winds, and the river was shooting straight up, result is crazy and dangerous conditions..The new top I built worked, but needs alot of improvments, guess I picked a hell of a day to really put it to the test...Temps hovering around 65 degrees in the cock pit aint bad though.

I will say this, a wave hit the side of my boat, Drew's side(Angler4life) to be exact, and while in the process of ripping my side curtain almost off the boat, Drew took it right in the face, which was by far, hands down, the most hilarious thing I have witnessed on a boat in a Very long Time!:smile2::smile2::smile2:....When your buddy jumps up and spits river water all over your boat...Man those are the things that make life worth livin!:smile2:...Today sucked bad, but atleast it was in good company, my stomach still hurts from that laugh, I havent laughed that hard in months, I needed that bad..:roll_eyes::smile2::wink:....This was by far the personal best worst day I have ever had...:big_smile::eek:oooh:

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have a feeling you being Captain, and Drew talking smack on here to ya often had something to do with the anchoring!:roll_eyes: LOL.. Trust me!.. Us that own boats, and often fish with our buds, have an edge on them when it comes to good jokes aboard! Don't hide Travis, LMAO,,, he might not know better, but some of us do!:smile2::wink: rollo

3. Kat-addict

Kat-addict New Member

State:
    ohio
    Thats great...Whatta friend !

65 degree sounds good !!!

4. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yeah, been there man, rough conditions suck. I know a few times I have sucked in some river water when wave busting across wind directions and its not good at all....:crazy:
    65 degrees sounds good man, what types of top did you come up with ?? Id love to see some pics, I am working on a simple rig for my center console, havent done anything yet but got a good idea going in my head for a windblock and a top. It will be a briar rig if ever there was one....:roll_eyes:

At least you got out, its snowing hard here right now, got an inch now and calling for 3-4" more over night.....:angry:

Salmonid

5. longhaulpointer

longhaulpointer New Member

State:
    ohio
    been there, my last trip of the year i was anchored about 50 yrd in front of a stationary barge. Had got two poles in the water and was working on a third. Heard my clicker screamin and when i looked up was about 30 yrds from the barge. So my pops grabed the pole and i started the motor, as i went forward my control arm on the ob poped loose and broke. By this time were about 10 yrds away. So i'm holding the top of the out board to steer trying to hold the screamin pole. It was a freakin mess. Went to shore and rigged up the steering on the ob, cut the tangled line out of the prop and went up stream. Later that day the motor wouldn't start and had to drift back w the trolling motor bout a mile and a half. havn't been out since, that was late sept.

6. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Sorry to hear about your bad day and the conditions. But least you got a good laugh out of it. Was gonna go myself today. But unfortunately I didn't make it out...

7. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Sounds like it was worth it for the Great laugh!! :smile2:

8. GMRcatman

GMRcatman Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sorry to hear that your day sucked guys. If it's any consolation, your story brightened my day a little.:smile2:

9. fishdealer04

fishdealer04 Member

State:
    Cincinnati
    Sounds like a rough one today. I was thinking of going out tomorrow...but now I am not sure. With the way the wind has been not sure if I want to fight that all day.

10. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    I was out in Portsmouth on Saturday and you are definitely right ,the weather sucked. We fished for eight hours and just managed three fish . Caught several garbage bags ,a couple tons of leaves and a stump that weighed about two hundred pounds, which I never could get turned in the ripping current . But we did have tons of fun fishing with our buddies.

11. nateD

nateD New Member

State:
    IN
    sorry to here about the bad day. last time i went out my starter went out and batteries died. finally got it pull started.

12. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    both days sucked for me as well spent tow and half hours Saturday throwing the cast net for 6 shad and and Sunday got no shad but did get a saugeye in the net and not one bite either day and basically felt like i had the crap beat out of me by the time i got back to the ramp, plus my prop is pretty much toast.