New PB Smallmouth!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by DANNYfrmINDY, Apr 23, 2009.

1. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana
    Well since the site was down for a few days i figured i would hit the local creek for some channels. The channels weren't hitting but i seen the smallies jumping about 100 yards down river. I waded through and started getting some little ones. Then all of a sudden this bad boy hit and the fight was on. I have never had fish fight so hard or long. He weighted in at just over 3#. This is my biggest to date. Needless to say i was all excited. I've attached some pics. The first one is the big boy and the others are a few smaller ones.

Attached Files:

2. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    Nice fish, Nothing like those small stream smallies. Can't wait until summer and float fishing time.

3. gatortail

gatortail New Member

State:
    tennessee
    thats a big ole pig

4. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    congrats on the nice smallie.

5. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yeah really nice fish..I haven't experienced catching a smally yet..I'm from south Louisiana and we don't really have them down there..Hopefully one day now that I'm in Tennessee where they are more widespread I'll hook into one..

6. shadchucker

shadchucker New Member

State:
    indiana
    Nice smallie, I like wading for them in sugar creek good time.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Danny congrats on the new PB Smallmouth Bass. Enjoyed the pics. They can sure put up a strong fight.

8. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana
    I was at White Lick creek south of Mooresville here in Indiana. All fish were caught on 5" watermelon Yum Dinger.

9. tazman7

tazman7 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    nice fish

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Nice brownies. Definitely a hard fighting fish. In my area they are crossing with Kentucky bass. We call em mean mouth. They have a tongue patch like a spot but other than that are almost identical.

11. ridgerunner

ridgerunner Guest

Thanks for sharing. Nice pics. When I was a kid I used to do a lot of walking in the creeks and streams in South Eastern Ohio.

12. H2O!

H2O! New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice Smally Danny. Pound for pound theirs nothing like a smallmouth on the end of your line!

13. msd7806

msd7806 New Member

State:
    Pegram, TN
    Find any creek here in TN that dumps in the larger rivers and you will find smallies. Use black baits or if you really want to catch them, catch minnows out of the same creek.

14. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Very nice smallie Danny.