New PB Lake Flathead Catfish

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by shelbygt1979, Jul 11, 2009.

1. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Well I just got back from Flathead fishing at a lake with Rick (Rpnkc) An boy were the fish biting I got 2 flats an Rick got 2 as well.

All fish were caught on Kat Bobbers fishing with live gills/green sunfish however 1 of my flats came on cut gill.

My first fish was 8lbs an he was caught on cut gill about 3' deep with a kat bobber.

Then about 15mins later my second pole went up an the clicker started screaming an I hooked him and then about 1min later my other Bobber goes under an it started screaming an I thought I hooked the other bobber with my fish that I am fighting so I just gave the pole to Rick and he said this is a fish so we got a double man that sure don't happen offen but I will let him tell you how much his weighted:crazy::smile2: Mine was a New PB for me of 13lbs.:big_smile: Man what a night of flathead fishing the best I have ever been on.

I want to thank Rick again for taking me out an letting me get some fish.

Here are a couple pics of my 2 fish I caught.

I all most forgot I think it's the new Blue Boc hat I got in the mail today that gave me all the luck!!!:wink::cool2:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  2. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Congrats Shelby !!! Now youve got a flathead to submit to the Frenzy. :big_smile:

3. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    I forgot to get a pic with the control item:embarassed: Ohh well they have some big one's sumited already so I will need atleast two 50's first:confused2::tounge_out:

"Note to self Good luck with that!" Lol

4. KAW RIVER KILLER

KAW RIVER KILLER New Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    Good work Shelby, nice looking fish. I hooked me a little channel lake fishin' tonight as well :wink:. Keith, how the hell did you fit in that little uniform:eek:oooh:, is your reign of terror beginning:crazy:?

p.s. - where did you score that sweet a$$ helmet?

5. nOct3rn4l

nOct3rn4l Member

State:
    Kansas
  6. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Rob hooked me up with the new uniform. Isnt is shnazzy ????? :smile2::smile2::smile2:

7. Mosquito Bait

Mosquito Bait New Member

State:
    Gardner, Kansas
    Good job guys. Those are some really nice fish. Shelby, grats on your new PB flat. Thanks for posting the pictures.:big_smile:

8. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Shelby,
    Congrats on a couple fine flatheads! Its about time you broke the 10lb mark on a flattie!! :big_smile:

9. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    Good job Shelby, I know you've put in your time..

10. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Congrats on the nice catch Shelby

11. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Nice fish guys, congrats on the flatheads and a new PB Shelby.

12. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Nice flat Shelby. You are movin on up.:wink::cool2:

13. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Congrats Shelby.....those would make a fine meal......!!

Keep after them your are tearing them up this yr..

14. liltroy

liltroy New Member

State:
    Salina, Kansas,
  15. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    must of been a night for PB flattys. a friend of mine Ben got us permission to fish Lake Sherwood last night. took gills for cut bait cuz i didnt have time to go catch gills. figgered no prob, we'll catch some channels. time goes on and i get a run, i pick up the pole and it ran a short ways again so i leaned into it and got it hooked. i called to Ben that i had one on so he came over. i pumped it once just to make sure i had it hooked and asked if he wanted to bring it in. he couldn't believe it but said "beep yeah !!" so... he brought it in from about 20-25 yds out and had fun with it. he's been wantin a flatty so im glad he got to bring it in. i was surprised when i got a look at it that it was a flatty. turned out it weighed 9 1/2 lbs. when i got it back home and weighed it with neighbors scale. they been on me about gettin em some fish so i cleaned it for em on my tailgate at 3 am in front of their house. it still gets me what some people think is a big fish :smile2:

Attached Files:

16. Mosquito Bait

Mosquito Bait New Member

State:
    Gardner, Kansas
    Grats for a new personal best Ben. JJ, it was nice of you to let your friend to pull that one in. Thanks for sharing the picture.

17. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Way to go Shelby. Looks like he needs a good bath in CM & VO.:wink:

18. fishlikeagirl

fishlikeagirl New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Congrats on the new pb Shelby!! :0a23:

19. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Congrats on the flattys guys. We did ok before and after the inland hurricane we weathered. I got 5 channels with the biggest prob around 5-6 and Erica got 8 I think. We lost a few good ones but sadly got no flattys. It is my fault cause I didnt get any bait before we headed out and only ended up with 3 live gills:angry:. I learned a valuable lesson-dont head out without bait. Im anxious to get out again soon!

20. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Looks a little bigger than 9 lbs. to me. :wink::big_smile: