New PB Flathead

Discussion in 'IOWA RIVERS TALK' started by Ahquabi_Master, May 10, 2008.

1. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Got my new PB yesterday. 20lbs on the scale, but I was thinking it looked a little bigger! Oh well, I'm movin' on up!

Attached Files:

2. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Nice job Marcus.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Nice fish, great pics and a very fishy lookin piece of real-estate your fishin at.

4. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    Way to go Marcus!!! Congrats!

What did you catch that beast on?

5. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    thats a nice fish for sure.way to go

6. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Caught him on a green sunfish.

7. vtjefferson

vtjefferson New Member

State:
    IA
    thats a nice fish ill be sure to try sunfish

8. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Nice work brother... the first of many... hate to tell the others, however I know your secret spot :cool2:

Congrats !

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    That'll work! LOL! Happy for ya.

10. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    NO CRAP!! HEY MARCUS THOSE ARE SOME BIG LOGJAMS FOR THAT RIVER IS IT SIMILAR TO THE RACOON?

11. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    That place is full of log jams, they are just hard to get to. It is very narrow across, and only deep in some places...

12. DaleJrFan2008

DaleJrFan2008 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hello i am gonna ask this question...my uncle and I we fish the missouri and the big sioux around sioux city he likes to go at night..leave the docks @5pm catch a few skipjack with nightcrawler and bobber of a wind dike then we head to the hole never seem to catch much at nigt...i talk to my neighbor he seems to be going out when we r coming in around 7am...we catch nothing he comes back with a few flats and a few blue cat all average 20-45lbs what r we doing wrong and we fish this guys same hole!!!!!

Any advice will be nice my number is 712-204-9222 name is mark

13. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    congrats on the new record for ya. nice looking fish. GREAT choice of biat too.:wink:

14. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA

MARK MAYBE THE FISH IN YOUR AREA ARE LEAVING THAT HOLE BEFORE YOU GET THERE. THEY USUALY LEAVE THIER HOLE OR LOGJAM AS NIGHT FALLS TO SCOUR AROUND THE SHALLOWS PICKING OFF BAITFISH, YOUR NEIGHBOR MAY BE HITTING THEM WHILE THEY ARE RETURNING TO THAT HOLE WHILE YOU MAY BE GETTING THERE AFTER THEY HAVE ALREADY LEFT..........HOPE THIS HELPS

15. DaleJrFan2008

DaleJrFan2008 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yhanks i think i am gonna give up night fishing and try a few day shots and see what it does for me then i can trade notes with my uncle!!!!!

16. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Very nice indeed-congrats to you

17. Mrquickset

Mrquickset New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Hey Mark welcome to to Catfish1...I fish just down the river from you. I fish the Little Sioux and Soldier tributaries. The biologists were saying this was going to be a poor flathead year north of the Blair bridge. We are having good luck this year :)

We have been hitting the holes early evening and when the shadows start to grow across the river we move to the shallows off the holes. Look for structure in the shallows. Some place the bait fish might move to protect themselves. If you're fishing the wing dykes, try moving to the sand bars below or above in about 2-3 ft of water. There will be a ledge just off the bank...we like to place our bait just off the first drop off. Be patient, the big flatheads are moving... eventually, they will come by. Hope this helps.

18. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hey Marcus! Great job on that new PB Flathead! Congrats. Now you have new goals to shoot for. Thanks for the pics too.:0a31: Great looking fish.:wink: