New PB flathead catfish

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by josh caudill, Sep 22, 2007.

1. josh caudill

josh caudill New Member

State:
    kentucky,hartford
    This was one heck of a day. It started out i lost all the lugnuts on my boat trailer but i didnt notice. I pulled over when i heard a noise;when i got out to look the rim had come off and went back on some how needless to say rim and bearings smoked.But i was still going fishing after a little work. well i got to the water and my deapth finder screen went out. no fixing that but i was still going fishing. well after fishing for a long while at about 2:30 i got a bite. At first it didnt seem like a big one at all. It hit soft and after i set the hook it almost felt like a 15-20 lber. Aftere a minute of realing it was on it started shreading line and i knew it was a big one! After about 5-7 min i got it to the boat and my brother was manning the dipnet. Well after he got it in the net i thought i lost it ,luckily it was only the dipnet breaking. my brother is a little guy about 6'5" 320 so he grabbed it by the lip and threw it in. NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS GO FISHING !!!

2. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    !!WOW!! Who needs a depth finder!

3. KATTERMAN

KATTERMAN New Member

State:
    OKLA
    thats what i am looking for went tonight and nothing but it was nice out,congrats that flat is a brute,i only hope i live long enough to catch one
    like that

4. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Congrats to you and your brother on a great pair of flatheads! I'd call that a good night of fishing!

5. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    congrats cuz didnt know if you were going to get in the boat there at last

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations on the PB. Sounds like determination to go fishing paid off for both of you.

7. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I've caught some of my biggest fish after a bad start with something breaking during the trip.

Just got 'er fixed and pressed on with the fishing.

Can't catch 'em setting home crying over your problems.

Congrats on the PB.

Now get your 10 posts in so you can post a picture of the beast.

What did it weigh?

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Josh Welcome to the BOC. Thanks for sharing your fishing trip. Congrats on your PB. I agree, Don't ever give up . Keep fighting.

9. josh caudill

josh caudill New Member

State:
    kentucky,hartford
    Sorry about not posting the weight it was 48 lbs. wieghed on some cheapo digitals. could be less wish it was more though:dribble:

10. steemboatwv

steemboatwv New Member

State:
    west virginia
    congrats on your pb, I only hope I can hit one that size this year, havent pulled anything out more than 15 lb yet this year.. hope ya beat it this year.