New PB Flathead catfish

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by Ahemi242, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Ahemi242

Ahemi242 New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    My previous PB flathead was about 7Lbs, so I decided I'd like to get something a little bigger this year and figured it was time for some new equipment. I picked up an Okuma ABF65 and Ugly Stik last week and managed to catch this guy (or girl) on the very first cast into the river. It weighed in at 37lbs and was an absolute blast to catch. More importantly, it finally validated me as a real fisherman in the eyes of my 5-year-old, who had never gotten any good fishing stories to tell his friends before this. :wink:

Attached Files:

2. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    congrats on pb flattie now your son has a good story to tell to his friends

3. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Congrats Anthony, great job on your new PB. Reps to ya brother. :cool2:

4. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Niiiiice. Congrats on the new PB and the kid better tell his story fast before Dad beats him to it:smile2::smile2: Stay safe and keep on keeping on!!!:wink:

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Welcome Anthony on board with the BOC. Congrats on such a nice post an catch! Always glad to hear about family fishing outings. Your son will always remember the moment that is for sure. He will grow up to be a fisherman no doult.

6. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Nice catch, congrats. And hats off takeing your boy fishing with ya. Isnt it funny how things work, like with your new pole, you catch a PB on first cast. Anything is possible.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Anthony Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. Congrats on the new PB Flathead. The boy looks serious while viewing that fish.

8. gamaCatsu

gamaCatsu New Member

State:
    NC
    congrats, always nice to see father and son fishing

9. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC!!! Thats a real nice flattie for sure!!!

10. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Nice job there man! That's a heck of a way to get a PB! Just blow it out of the water, awesome fish:big_smile:

11. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    nice on now get a 50,:wink: i still havent broke the 50 marker,im shure i hit at least 48 but i cant swear my pb was 50,the scale was to bouncey, then snap

12. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats on the big northern flathead PB!

13. richard84

richard84 New Member

State:
    ky
    nice fish...congrats

14. Ahemi242

Ahemi242 New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Thanks everybody. My son said he was going to be primary net man, but then decided he was frightened of it once it came out of the water. He did muster up enough courage to touch it on the head, though, so it's a start. I'm still surprised fish even remain in the area with how much noise he makes on shore. Maybe a 5-year-old singing "Rock Lobster" over and over is a catfish attractant?

15. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    nice pb i just caught my pb about two months ago and it was a 38 lb flathead they are a fight. Good job keep them coming

16. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Nice flattie Anthony! Congratulations and Welcome if I missed you before.:0a25:.That,s the way to go,just skip them mid sized cats all together!Glad your son got to be there to enjoy it with you.:cool2:.

17. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    that's a pig bro congrats!!! gotta love it when the kids are there to:smile2: mine wouldn't leave it alone and then get mad when I finally release it back. you'll hear about daddies big fish for a while. once again congrats man

18. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Congrats! Nice fish.

19. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Awesome how you were to be able to share that experience with your son!:cool2: Congrats!

20. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Congrats, great job on your new PB. Reps to ya.