New PB Flathead Catfish...Finally!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by stumpjumper, Nov 8, 2009.

1. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    My wife and I had a great night on the river the other day. Finally a night without rain or wind...or fog :smile2: What made this night so special was that I finally upgraded my PB Flathead with a 51 pounder (new avatar)! I have been fishing for Flatheads for 18 years now... going back to those sleepless, 36-hour marathons on the Wabash River with the Reaper. So last night was something I have often imagined, and knew would eventually happen, although I never thought it would happen in November, and on cutbait. I can't tell you how many times in the past I would be fighting a fish and telling my wife, "I think it's a Flathead! It's fighting like a Flathead!" In short, I love Flatheads.

This fish hit on my old, heavy action E-cat combo, which was the same combo I used back on the Wabash. Anyway, the rod began to load and slowly doubled over before beginning to pull drag. I knew it was big when I struggled to get the rod out of the holder. I also began to tell Tricia that this was a big Flathead... but she has heard that one before. After several moments, in slightly more urgent voice, I told Tricia that this might be my new PB! The fight was awesome and it was made even better by the 60,000 cfs current. When the fish finally surfaced it was confirmed to be big! tricia skillfully netted the fish and then the celebration began. New PB!

We put some other nice fish in the boat including a two Blues over 35 pounds, but the Flathead was undoubtedly the highlight. It was great to get out and enjoy some time on the river.

Attached Files:

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Awesome! Congrats Marc, thats a beautiful flatty.
    You and Tricia make one he!! of a team.:wink::cool2:

3. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Congrats brother,,
    Awsome job as always,, Bet that was a battle with that much current ripping...:wink:
    Puddle

4. larry again

larry again Active Member

State:
    missouri
    Great catch Marc, looks like you had a great night out with the wife, may you have many more!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  5. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Congratulations on the Catch!

6. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    nice flat Marc, congrats

7. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Marc congrats on a real nice cat! Always glad to see someone catch a PB. reps to you!

8. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Congratulations Marc, that's a beauty! :big_smile:

9. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    That is an awsome fish bro! Congrats on the new Pb!! I caught a new Pb Blue today (#45). I was celabrating with ya.:cool2:

10. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    i wouldnt know about having a night like that. Congrats brother!

11. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    WOW,,,Those fish look awesome,,ESP. the FLAT..!!!
    Many Congrats, thanks for the pics and story.

12. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    OMG...Marc, you and your sweetie had a cat-bustin night. Can hardly wait till my honey & I can do that....WOW, that was awesome. Congrats on your new PB :cool2:

13. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    glad yall had a good time and congeats on your new pb:wink:

14. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Congrats Marc on the PB Flathead! :cool2: That is a real HAWG! Real nice Blue Cats also, great pics, thanks for sharing! :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

15. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    congrats on the new P.B. Mark..:wink:

16. Awesome cats dude, ALL OF THEM!:tounge_out::wink:

17. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Congrats on the Fifty!

You shouldn't use the word Wabash and 50 in the same sentence!:wink::smile2:

18. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    congrats Marc and your wife. Tammy and I love fishing together, cant wait till we have a trip like that one! thanks for the pics

19. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Marc congrats to you and your wife on some nice fish including the Monster PB Flathead. WTG.

20. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    Congrats--what a great night and to have your best fishing bud there is greatest--mine is the same way and I feel real lucky about that and the time we get to share doing what we love doing